Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » SPA508G won't register
  •  
corrco

Send a private message to this user
Hi everyone,

Have an SPA921 working well (thanks Ken) but this SPA508G seems obstinate. Firmware is updated to latest 7.4.9c, Kerio is behind NAT, SIP is default protocol, proxy is pointing to Kerio IP same as with SPA921. Any clues?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

First, make sure the TFTP request from the phone makes is to Kerio Operator. Go to the debug log in Operator and enable the log messages for Phone Provisioning (right-click in the log window).
  •  
corrco

Checked the log for the past two days. There is no record of the IP address or the extension.
  •  
corrco

Not sure what I did, but it now shows as registered. I factory reset all phones. Both showed as unregistered. I added Kerio IP as the proxy, added the User ID (extension) and extension password and they both registered. I thought the phones would auto-provision with the master password, but I guess not.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

If you have the phones somewhere outside your LAN (you mentioned NAT), the manual configuration is the recommended way to go.

Otherwise, when using auto-provisioning, you do not need to enter anything in the phone. I recommend that you read about the automatic provisioning in the knowledge base: http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/phone-provisionin g/configuring-automatic-phone-provisioning-820.html
  •  
corrco

Phones are on the Lan. Single Nic interface on Kerio Box, also on Lan.

I did read the KB article you mentioned several times, though so far none of the supported phones I've tried, which are SPA921 and SPA508G, would auto-provision.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Do you have option 66 configured correctly in your DHCP server? Is the option 66 record pointing to the Operator IP address?
Previous Topic: Application layer gateway support for SIP
Next Topic: Unable to edit Manager.conf
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun May 28 16:38:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01081 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.