Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 8.5.0 iOS Active Sync issues (contacts)
  •  
Thunder79

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Active Sync is not work properly with iOS-Devices in version 8.5.0. If you fill in a note or a birthday to a contact (on the iOS-Device), the contacts email vanishes in Kerio Connect Client / Outlook and the birthday or note are also not synced to Kerio.
Maybe there are even more issues around contact-syncing, but after a lot of testing with different customers this behaviour is replicable. Is there some solution / fix?
  •  
Petr Silar (Kerio)

Hi Wilhelm,
I'm not able to reproduce the issue you've described:
- Using Kerio Connect 8.5 and iPhone w/ iOS 8.3
- Using Connect client, I've created contact, filled name, surname and email address.
- On device, I've added birthday.
- Looked on contact in Connect client, birthday is there, email address is still there.
- On device, added some notes.
- Looked on contact in Connect client, notes appeared, nothing vanished.

Is there something specific w/i your contacts? Could you post exact steps to reproduce?
  •  
ksnyder

Have the ActiveSync profiles been deleted from the device(s) and re-created after the upgrade? I'd be curious to know what version of ActiveSync is shown for devices that are known to be associated with affected users. It should say ActiveSync 14.1. To check: Users-->UserName-->Right-Click-->More Actions-->Mobile Devices-->Details. If the device still shows version 12.1, try deleting and then re-creating the ActiveSync profile on the device.

Ken Snyder
  •  
Thunder79

Hi,

this drives me crazy...
I did the exact same steps as you described on two diffrent installations. Everytime the email disappears. You need to refresh the connect client. I noticed that on the iPhone Email / Notes / Birthday stays, on connect client / Outlook those fields are empty, the contact is not in sync anymore. To be sure, I took a device, recreated its account (reports correctly Active Sync 14.1), no change.
  •  
Petr Silar (Kerio)

Wilhelm,
I'm really sorry, my fault. When I've tested your issue I've used build of upcoming service release which already contains the fix covering your issue. In the other words, there is really possibility not everything from contact is correctly synchronized from a device to Connect in 8.5.0 and the fix will be available in the next service release of Kerio Connect.
  •  
sfpete

Petr - a few followup questions...

-Are those contacts deleted... forever? Meaning would we literally have to pull them from backup?

-When will that update be released? Roughly? This is a big deal.

thank you
  •  
Thunder79

Thanks Petr for clearing things up. But after all I am a bit disappointed. The fact, that there ist already a patch shows, that this is a known error. That really could be documented in the release notes. Missing email-adresses and destroyed contacts are a pain in the a..., it's more than a minor glitch...
  •  
Petr Silar (Kerio)

sfpete wrote on Tue, 02 June 2015 00:47
-Are those contacts deleted... forever? Meaning would we literally have to pull them from backup?
The contacts are not deleted but some information from them are just inaccessible now. If you didn't overwrite these contacts again (i.e. re-save with missing data by some client),
service release will "uncover" inaccessible data. Otherwise you would have to recover the contacts from backup.

Quote:
-When will that update be released? Roughly? This is a big deal.
Few weeks if everything is OK.

thank you
  •  
Petr Silar (Kerio)

Thunder79 wrote on Tue, 02 June 2015 10:41
...The fact, that there ist already a patch shows, that this is a known error. That really could be documented in the release notes...
The code were fixed at the beginning of the last week and the error was not known any longer.
  •  
gseum

Hello,

"a few weeks" is not good enough!

This is a serious issue, because all personal contacts are not synchronized, specially if you add an account fresh to an iOS device.

We have some iPhone users, that tried to solve the problem by deleting the account and start from scratch - now they don't have any personal contacts.

Kind regards
J├╝rgen
Previous Topic: Connect Assistant for Mac
Next Topic: Kerio 8.5.0 - Problem with attachment
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 17 03:48:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00477 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.