Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2013 AutoComplete Public Folder Email Addresses
  •  
bruggles

Send a private message to this user
We just updated to 8.5 on Windows and have the most recent KOFF connector. I am curious why Outlook does not AutoFill email addresses similar to the Kerio Connect Client. Once I email someone it appears to cache the email address, however until I do this it appears to not be looking in our Public Contacts Folder or my Local Contacts Folder.

Is this the way it is or am I missing something in Outlook Configuration to make this work similar to the Kerio Connect Client.

Nice Work on the latest Version, TIA.
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Bruggles,

It is true that Outlook will cache an email address when entered as it will build up the N2K file. You can configure the Address Book in Outlook to search for things in a certain order which may help you. If you go to Outlook->People->Address Book (Along the ribbon at the top)->Tools->Options, from there you can customize what is searched first.

I hope this helps,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
howare

Outlook 2013 is caching the Adresses for AutoFill in a separate File.
You will find it in the following folder:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache

Close Outlook.
Make a copy of the old AutoFill file (normally the biggest), copy the name of the newest file, delete the newest File and rename the copy like the befor deleted file.

Previous Topic: Login and connect Kerio with C# ??
Next Topic: Problem - 8.5 Kerio Connect Client - Nested Distribution lists do not appear to work
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun May 28 16:41:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01083 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.