Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Content Filter Authorisation Exclusion (Content Filter Authorisation Exclusion)
  •  
simoneto

Send a private message to this user
I have a content rule for Kerio User Control for an IP group which includes all IPs in a subnet. However, I want to exclude 1 IP from requiring authorisation. I created a rule above the Kerio User Control rule which allows all traffic and has the "Do not require authentication" box ticked. However, this does not work as when I look at the filter logs I still see the firewall denying access. Please can someone help?
  •  
ksnyder

Send a private message to this user
I'm confused: Are we talking about a content rule or are we talking about user authentication? Both?

A few things come to mind:
1. Consider using RADIUS authentication
2. Use the Status-->Active Hosts report to login a user/host automatically by MAC address
3. Perhaps create a custom IP Address group that used ranges. You'd need 2 in total. One that covered the range leading up to the IP that you want to NOT require authentication and a second range that started at the next address AFTER your target address and went all the way to the end of the range. Label the IP address-group appropriately, "All-but-One" for example.

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: Connectivity problem
Next Topic: Fail Accessing Kerio Control Statistics
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 15:35:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00411 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.