Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio 8.5 / Samsung Tablet - Android / No Attachment and Mails 3-4 times
  •  
Jambo

Send a private message to this user
Hello again,
I startet this week a thread after the Kerio 8.5 Update with the solution that Kerio 8.5 Exchange ActiveSync don´t support Android 3.2 anymore.
Well I Upgrade the Firmware to the latest for the devices and its Android 4.0.4 and some newer devices have 4.1.2.

Well...now I have 2 new problems.

We use Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
1. 9 from 10 Mails comes 2-3 times in the mail-app. When I take a look at the Webmail-Interface, the Mail is only 1. But on the Android Devices, I have the same mal 2-3 times. Ain´t funny if you got 100-200 mails the day..

2. Some mails with attachment don´t show them in the mail app. My Solution is, forward this mail to yourself and in this mail the attachment is visible..

If I would have know what troubles comes with Kerio 8.5, I would stay on the previous version.... Mad

Is there something I can do?
Or is there a way to downgrade Kerio 8.5 to it´s predecessor without big troubles?

•  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

In the Kerio Connect 8.5.1 will be possible manually edit the mailserver.cfg and define legacy devices by UserAgent. The new EAS 14.0/14.1 (introduced in Kerio Connect 8.5.0) will not be offered to these devices.

<list name="LegacyDevices">
  <listitem>
    <variable name="UserAgent">Android/4.1.1-EAS-1.3</variable>
  </listitem>
</list>

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Jambo

That would be great Smile
Whats the release-date for 8.5.1?

Meanwhile, i use Outlook for Android for some of the legacy devices, it work fine with Kerio 8.5.0 but it don´t have the look and feel and workflow like the Android Mailclient.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 June 2015 09:48]

•  
mwolf

You can use the Xposed Framework for your Android Device and fake the ActiveSync Agent.
  •  
Jambo

mwolf wrote on Sat, 13 June 2015 13:46
You can use the Xposed Framework for your Android Device and fake the ActiveSync Agent.

Nice Idea, but it need a rooted device. And how to fake the ActiveSync Agent?
Na, I hope the update come soon...little less effort.
  •  
asieber

Hi Radek,

the Connect version 8.5.1 is now available.
Please tell me how to get the "UserAgent" string like this Android/4.1.1-EAS-1.3 for an existing device.
I couldn't see that string in the error or debug log (with activated EAS trace).
The error log shows: Device: (SAMSUNG11538802373, SAMSUNGGTN7000, SAMSUNG-GT-N7000/100.40102), but not the Android or EAS version.

BR
Andreas
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

asieber wrote on Wed, 24 June 2015 16:40
Hi Radek,

the Connect version 8.5.1 is now available.
Please tell me how to get the "UserAgent" string like this Android/4.1.1-EAS-1.3 for an existing device.
I couldn't see that string in the error or debug log (with activated EAS trace).
The error log shows: Device: (SAMSUNG11538802373, SAMSUNGGTN7000, SAMSUNG-GT-N7000/100.40102), but not the Android or EAS version.

BR
Andreas

http://kb.kerio.com/1799
  •  
asieber

Hi

A <list name="LegacyDevices"> ... </list> block per device or several
<variable name= ... </variable> lines per device ?

As I understand in the KB article one <variable name= ... </variable> lines per device.

Andreas

[Updated on: Thu, 25 June 2015 08:56]

•  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

Here is example for old iPhone and BlackBerry emulator:

<list name="LegacyDevices">
<listitem>
<variable name="UserAgent">RIM-All_Touch_[1280x768]-BBSIM-1/10.3.1.995 </variable>
</listitem>
<listitem>
<variable name="UserAgent">Apple-iPhone2C1/1002.500</variable>
</listitem>
</list>

I created the bug for doc team to modify http://kb.kerio.com/1799

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: Different Antivirus for Kerio Connect
Next Topic: Inbox re-sync issue with Kerio 8.5.0 exchange activesync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jun 26 19:25:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00491 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.