Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Blocking AIM
  •  
greed

Send a private message to this user
hello, Ive been having a hard time trying to block aim. I know it uses different ports but I cannot even get it to block the default... I was wondering what steps I could go about to block AIM. eventually I wanna put it on a timed system to where it turns on at a certain time of day
  •  
FRiC

You'll probably need to set up a traffic policy to block the address of the AIM server. It's likely that the AIM messaging software will automatically use any common port to connect to the server.
  •  
greed

I was wondering how exactly would I do that, I dunno how to make traffic policys work with IP's only ports.. I eventually want to set it up so from hours 8am - 6pm AIM is blocked but after that its open for use..

any help would be greatly appreciated...

[Updated on: Tue, 07 September 2004 18:35]

•  
FRiC

You'll need to set up a time range first. Something like 8 AM to 6 PM Daily, and give it a meaningful name like "Working hours".

Then in traffic policy, do something like
Name: "Block AIM during working hours"
Source: LAN
Destination: (URL/IP of the AIM server)
Service: Any
Action: Deny
Valid on: "Working hours"

•  
greed

hey I was wondering something, Ive gotten all the steps correct except for the date thing.. I dunno how to make it Valid On
  •  
greed

I figured it out thank you guys
  •  
v_budiono

i just add new rule
source: local
destination: www.yahoo.com
service: any
action: deny
translation: NAT

but it doesn't work. i've also has a rule (default) named 'NAT"
source: local,dial in
destination: dial-in,public
service: http,https,ftp,dns,pop3,smtp
action:permit
translation: NAT
this rule created from wizard (first install).

any suggestion how to block certain website if there already has default rule for NAT ?
thanks
  •  
feite

Create a new rule that blocks (deny) the site. Make sure that the new rule is placed above the default NAT rule. The first rule (from top to bottom) that matches the traffic will be the rule that handles the data.
  •  
v_budiono

thx for reply. now i already able to create appropriate rule. i've read the manual Smile
Previous Topic: PPoE on DSL
Next Topic: Users authentication
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 08:42:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00477 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.