Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Connect Assistant for Mac
  •  
weatherman

Send a private message to this user
I'm trying to use the "Integration with Mac" function from the Kerio Connect Web Client. The package downloads ok, runs but then fails trying to access my mail server because ports 5222 & 5223 can't be opened. How do I resolve the problem please. I'm running OSX Yosemite 10.3 and have attached two screen shots, the first shows what the assistant is processing and the second is the error.

•  
ksnyder

2 suggestions:

1. Run the tool from within Webmail (from login screen or from Settings after you've already logged in)
2. Follow the advice on your screenshots. Required ports are required ports. Specific services and ports must be open for many features.

Ken Snyder
  •  
weatherman

Thanks for the quick response Ken.

I was running the assistant from within webmail.

I'm not an expert when it comes to port setting but I checked the security settings on my Mac and it would seem that port settings are attached to an application. Because your application fails to load I can't see how I can open the ports for it. Something of a catch-22 situation it seems.

Any further ideas?

•  
ksnyder

Applications communicate over specific ports. But port open/closed restrictions are typically set at the corporate firewall level. A firewall is typically configured out of the box to shut down all ports & services and then an admin will open up to the outside world only what is necessary using configuration tools/rules.

One tool I'm aware of that will tell you definitively if an IP port is open or not is: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

[Updated on: Mon, 08 June 2015 17:36]

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: Problem with Kerio client web mail
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 8.5.0 iOS Active Sync issues (contacts)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 06:23:42 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.