Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Password protected Zip files getting blocked (Password protected Zip files getting blocked)
  •  
RFenimore

Send a private message to this user
My users have been complaining that zip files are being blocked by Kerio, through further investigation I found out that it was specifically password protected zip files. Digging through the attachment filter, I noticed that everything begins with an asterisk. I do not have Discard zip archive containing dangerous files selected.

When the archive gets password protected, it seems to change the file name inside to have an asterisk at the end of the file. I'm attaching 2 examples, same archive, one has the password of test, the other has no password. One will send, the other will not. We've been doing things this way for quite a while, updating to 8.5 is when we began having this issue.

• Attachment: test.zip
    (Size: 0.18KB, Downloaded 114 times)
  • Attachment: test2.zip
    (Size: 0.15KB, Downloaded 88 times)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Can you please provide more details for "are being blocked by Kerio" ? What message do you get?
  •  
RFenimore

The client doesn't give any message, it sends like normal, but never gets to it's destination. I haven't checked the Kerio logs yet. I attached the files that I can replicate this error from.
  •  
RFenimore

[10/Jun/2015 16:05:58] Antivirus check of mail from <rfenimore@digitaldogdirect.com> to <rfenimore<_at_>digitaldogdirect.com> cannot be performed: File 'test.zip\test.txt' is encrypted.

This is the only log entry I can find from my latest attempt.
  •  
Grabsteinschubser

In Antivirus options do you have "If part of a message cannot be scanned (e.g. corrupted file)" set to "Reject the message ..."?
  •  
RFenimore

Yes. Now I just need an option to not change my message...

Thanks so much!

[Updated on: Thu, 11 June 2015 16:32]

Previous Topic: Free/Busy Issue
Next Topic: Mail.app Search showing all Mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 20:48:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00531 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.