Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Connect 8.5 and Debian 8 (Systemd or Sysvinit)
  •  
AndreB

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I updated a machine to Debian 8 (64 bit). We want to keep sysvinit and not use systemd.

Now I want to install Kerio Connect fresh. It was never installed on this system before.

Every time I get "Failed to get D-Bus connection".

D-Bus is installed and running.
I also have a package systemd installed but the active init system is sysvinit.

If i remove this systemd package i can install Kerio Connect but it doesn't start after installation. There is no script in /etc/init.d/.
The service command says kerio-connect isn't recognized.

Is Kerio Connect 8.5 only working with systemd in Debian 8.5?

I can't find any information about Connect and the different init systems.

Thank for your help.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Kerio Connect is designed to run with default init systems on each Linux version. For Debian 8 it is systemd.
We do not test nor support any other alternative init system than default one.
Previous Topic: When I create Appointment Outlook crash
Next Topic: Logo and Kerio Connect in the ribbon
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 08:42:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00348 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.