Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Open port (How to open port to allow external WAN traffic in LAN)
  •  
simoneto

Send a private message to this user
I have a technician who wishes me to open a port into our LAN remotely through the Kerio router. I have created a service with the relevant port and then created a traffic rule playing around with the source and destination but I am having no luck. How to I open the port?
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Port mapping configuration is described in Knowledge base - http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-control/security/configuri ng-traffic-rules-1312.html

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
simoneto

I tried all that. I created the service with the correct port number. Created the traffic rule with port forwarding and added the service to Kerio Connect Services. I then used yougetsignal port tester to test if the port was open and it still says it is closed.
  •  
simoneto

Just for clarity. The Source is Any, Destination is Firewall, Service is the service I created, IP version is Any, Action is Allow and translation is to the host IP on the network.
  •  
markt

Is Kerio sat behind another firewall of some description, such as a DSL router that may have port / application riles?
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

You should also specify how you defined the custom service. The source port should almost always be 'any' when defining services.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
pcunix

From long experience, I can offer this.

Assuming your rule is correct (and it is worth double checking), these things usually turn out to be one or more of the following:

- the tech gave you the wrong internal IP (so many times they've done that to me)
- it's the right IP but the wrong port (again, surprising how often they don't even know their own equipment)
- they never started the service on the destination machine ("I was waiting for you to do the forwarding!")
- a firewall on the destination machine is blocking the port.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
Previous Topic: Kerio sometimes fails to associate user to Radius authenticated hosts
Next Topic: Kerio problem with microsoft runtime scripting
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jul 25 06:30:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.