Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Deleted account has not removed forwarder (Forwarder or Alias redirection still exists after account is deleted)
  •  
thowden

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I had a number of accounts setup that had a forwarder email address associated.

The forward email account was within the same server but to a different domain.

Having deleted the account with the intent that both the actual email address and the associated forwarder would be removed, I can still send to the deleted address and the email is still forwarded.

The issue is that I am trying to create the previously used account as a new account and it is being rejected with a message that the address already exists.

How do I remove the forwarder so the new account can be created ?

Thanks

cheers
Tony

www.wrenmaxwell.com.au

•  
Bud Durland

If the forwarding was established as property of the old user account (on the forwarding tab), then I would expect that the forwarding would have gone away when the account was deleted.

If the forwarding was done using an alias, the alias may still exist, and would be causing your problem. On contemporary versions of Kerio Connect, when a user account is deleted, there is an optiona check box to remove the user from groups, mailing lists and aliases. If that wasn't checked when the account was deleted, the alias will still exist and needs to be removed manually.
  •  
thowden

Hi

Thanks for that reply.

I was looking in the wrong place to delete the alias.

cheers
Tony

www.wrenmaxwell.com.au

Previous Topic: Install Kerio Connect 7.1 on Ubuntu 14.04
Next Topic: Shared calendar not visible
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Feb 20 19:21:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00929 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.