Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » phones fail to register (phones fail to register)
  •  
mkruyswijk

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

i have 2 locations connected to kerio operator through a vpn.
1 site is suddenly having troubles, phones won't register (a cisco 7912 and a yealink w52p).
it seems that sip registers are not being accepted by operator. nor can i see any replies coming back from operator.
i reconfigured the yealink to do encryption. then i could receive calls. but not make any outside calls.
i put everything back on up (as it was before), but then nothing works, and the phones won't register.
i have gone through all the debugs i could find, but no luck so far.
anybody any idea on where i can have a look?

kind regards,
Maarten
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Have a look at the security screen. Sometimes the phones can be blocked if you have an incorrect password in them for some short period of time.
  •  
mkruyswijk

Hi,
they are not blocked. it is not showing up in any log that there is an attempt (at least the logs i can find).
  •  
mkruyswijk

if i look in the logs. i can see the phone is being provisioned. but the phone keeps saying, failed to register.
i did a couple of sniffer traces. and i don't see a reply coming from operator back to the client.
as mentioned, we have another site, with the same phone, same setup. and there it does work.
i can not find any related error in the log files, any pointers?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

What is your built-in firewall configuration?

You can enable provisioning and asterisk messages in the debug log.
  •  
mkruyswijk

it was working. have not changed my firewall configuration (it is still default).

i enabled the provisioning and asterisk messages in the debug log (thanks for that pointer!).
at the moment i enabled it, the phones started working...????
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

What happens when you disable the messages in the debug log?
  •  
mkruyswijk

Hi Sorry for the slow response.
i disabled the debug. and the connection kept working.
suddenly the connection stops working again. (after a couple of days).
it still is strange that i do not see the phones register or enter the operator machine in any way.
soft phones are still working. but these are encrypted.
  •  
mkruyswijk

Think i found the issue. it was an ALG on the firewall, turning it off, ment it was still running.
Previous Topic: cannot disable the day/night service
Next Topic: No inbound connections
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 18:47:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00510 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.