Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Editing contacts (Need to edit shared contact info)
  •  
pchernoff

Send a private message to this user
I am running Kerio Connect 8.4. I used to be able to edit contact information from the Mac Contacts app (back when it was Address Book). I was the only person able to do so since my account is an administrator account.

Starting with some version of KC I am no longer able to do it, I must log into KC Administration via the web browser and use the account's Contact tab to enter the person phone number, mobile number, position. etc.

But I have a major problem. When I used to use Contacts/Address Book to edit this information I would create more than one phone number for some people. For example, for our CEO I entered her work number, mobile number and her assistant's phone number. She has a new assistant and I have not way of editing that phone number. It does not show on the KC admin web page and if I change it through Contacts it will just change back.

This is creating a major problem for my office. How can I modify contact information for a KC account without using the KC Admin portal?
  •  
pchernoff

OK, just figured this one out. I use the web browser to log into my mail account and from their edit the contacts in question, rather than use the administrator page. I saw the extra phone numbers, editing it and Contacts on my Mac updated.
  •  
Bud Durland

We're hoping to create something using the KC API to make this self-service. With over 300 users, I'd rather we didn't have to maintain it.
  •  
pchernoff

Turns out this is becoming a critical problem. What I thought might work didn't. So anyone answering their iPhone who has connected their Contacts to Kerio Connect think they are getting a call from our CEO instead of the Director of Advertising. This is because years ago I entered our CEO's then assistant number into KC and labeled it as "assistant" in addition to our CEO's direct number and mobile number. The old assistant number has been assigned to the Director of Advertising and there is no way to remove this number from the CEO's KC record.
  •  
pchernoff

Solved with help from Kerio.

1) Copy the contact to your private address book. Edit this record for the correct information.
2) In Kerio Administrator open the user's account record and uncheck "Publish in Global Address List" This will stop the synching between KC and the users' contact record (KC will always over right any changes made by clients to this record). The user will now disappear from address books.
3) Copy the contact record from your private address book back into the Public Folders. Everyone else will now see this record.

I never realized that we can copy any contact information into the Public Folders even if it isn't connected to a KC account.
  •  
Bud Durland

I glad you found a solution that works for you, but for us that would be too messy. The ability for a user to update their own personal data in the global address book should really be baked in.
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect Client has very long response times
Next Topic: Mailserver.cfg change for Mailstore software
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 20:44:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00457 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.