Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Contact Group List(s) inside of Contact Group
  •  
curmudgeon

Send a private message to this user
Is it possible to have Contact Group made up of Contact Groups?

Such as:

All (Domain) contains groups of (Domains) Departments which are Contact Groups

Purpose is to minimize Contact Group List Administration.

It others are having success with this, can you share how to do it, not working for me.

Thanks
  •  
Bud Durland

You can't (to my knowledge) make a user group a member of an other group. However, you can create distribution lists (called 'Contact groups' in the kerio vernacular) in the public address book, and add the user groups to that. Log into web mail (not the console) as admin, open the public contacts, and create a new 'Contact Group'.

Keep in mind though that this is not manages at all by the admin console. If you should ever remove he user group, the e-mail address for that group will remain in the 'Contact Group' until you manually go in and remove it.
  •  
curmudgeon

Bud, thank you for replying, good to see that members participate.

The problem is that when I hire you, I put you in a department (contact group) and since we are a huge corporation, I have many departments. When I want to send an email to all of my minions, I want to address it to All (minions) and have that contain all of the departments. When I want to fire you for not responding to forums, I only have to remove your name from one department... not many lists.

My guess is that the All Contact Group can exist with many subsets, it's just that Kerio won't look into them.

I will keep trying to "find my way"

Andy
  •  
Bud Durland

Well, the good news is that if you fire me, when you remove my account, Kerio will automatically remove me from any user groups. Or, if I moved to a different department, you can change my group membership from my user record -- almost one stop shopping. But it won't stop me from getting an e-mail twice, if you've addressed it to two different groups I belong to.

We have a similar situation here. We have a 'sales' group, that is divided into 'inside sales' and 'outside sales'. Everyone in the sales department belongs to 'sales@', and they also belong to 'InsideSales@' or 'outsideSales@' as approppriate.
Previous Topic: Kerberos Authentification fails on a Windows Server2012 R2
Next Topic: Error installing KC OD extension
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jul 24 04:32:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.