Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Does KWF6 support gigabit?
  •  
Arch Stanton

Send a private message to this user
I was wondering if I install KWF6 on a server with gigabit, and hookup another PC with gigabit to the server with a crossover cable, will I be able to transfer between the two PC's at gigabit speed?

[Updated on: Sat, 04 September 2004 06:15]

•  
roadrun777

Send a private message to this user
I am not a kerio employee or tech, but from my experience it works fine, as long as you watch your CPU usage on the machine with Kerio installed. If the CPU usage goes up to 100%, then you will have to tweak the live virus scanning rules. Scanning a gigabit connection for virus's in real time at full speed would probably overload the machine and cause it to lock.

I had a situation where on a 100mb full duplex connection (running at max speed), the host pc was locking up becuase the CPU was maxing out. It primarily had to do with the fact that one of the internal (lan side) pc's was using ports that were designated for 'other' services and kerio was inspecting every packet and scanning it. I turned off the protocol inspector for that port and instantly my cpu usage dropped back to 2%-5%.
Previous Topic: Port mapping made more difficult in 6.0?
Next Topic: denial page not shown in win XP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:06:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.