Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage on KC 8.5.1
  •  
McIrish

Send a private message to this user
I know that Entourage is not officially supported any longer. I do have a number of users still on it with KC 8.4.3 and it seems to be working fine. The owner of our company is one of those people. I'd like to upgrade our server to 8.5.1 soon and I know I'm not going to be able to get him off of Entourage. Does anyone have a success story to ease my worries?
  •  
jcooper

Send a private message to this user
One of the partners at my firm held off for the longest time. I finally explained it to him this way: The email server is old, unreliable, and needs to be replaced, the new server doesn't run the old operating system. The new operating system doesn't run old Kerio. So, if we never upgrade our server, email will become unreliable, will start to crash daily, you'll lose emails, appointments, and possibly business, and/or you'll need to hire someone who's sole responsibility would be to babysit a defunct machine because it'll be a full-time job keeping it running.

He relented.

Not sure of your current hardware/OS status, but connecting the dots between upgrading and cutting expenses often does the trick with people to sign checks.

Thanks,

Jeff
Previous Topic: Outlook Connector with/without offline caching
Next Topic: How to create a group that contain two or more others groups
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Jan 21 11:49:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00856 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.