Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Get User ID's by Username with API (Updating user password with json api)
  •  
erhanzeyrek

Send a private message to this user
Hi to all.

I am developing a software with C# that synchronizes my active directory users to other systems. I successfully creating users and their contact info from json api. But I don't know how to get user id from username. I found create user and set contact json commands from google chrome's inspect element console. Here is the code.

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Users.set","params":{"userIds":["keriodb://user/fc75ab6b-6496-4b70-8b73-d4716ef4d172/f828008f-e0ee-4901-86fc-f11f610b59dc"],"pattern":{"password":"asd.1234","emailAddresses":[]}}}

How can i get user ID's from usernames? Or is there a way to update an user's password from it's username?

Thanks for your help.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio Connect does support user mapping from ActiveDirectory and public contact GAL contact is created automatically. All you need is to add a user into AD and enable it for Kerio Connect.
I am not sure what you want to achieve. Could you please be more specific?
  •  
erhanzeyrek

Thanks for your reply.

Ok i am explaining another way. I have a C# winform application that connects kerio mail. I am sending json commands to kerio server as admin, over http web request for creating, deleting and updating users. I also using this method for synchronize active directory. For example, i am pulling an user with its credential info(name, telephone, department e.g.) from active directory and create mail address with it's credientals over httpwebrequest.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Is there any reason why the users are not mapped directly from Active Directory to Kerio Connect? Because in this case everything happens automatically.
If you use/create user accounts from local user database then user ID will be generated by the server.
  •  
erhanzeyrek

Let's say i create an user on active directory mapped to kerio. After i updated the password of user from active directory. Is it also updates the kerio?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes. Kerio Connect does not store user password in such case. It authenticates the user against Active Directory via Kerberos. So any change in AD is instantly reflected in Kerio Connect.
  •  
erhanzeyrek

Thank you very much. You are saved me big trouble and code confusion. Smile
  •  
erhanzeyrek

Edit:

I have single domain controller that contains 10 companies with different mail domains. How can i map these companies to kerio?
Previous Topic: firewall script
Next Topic: Syncing Notes from Outlook for Mac
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 01:51:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.