Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2010 Email Color Categories
  •  
kingswaygroup

Send a private message to this user
Using Kerio Connect 8.5.0 build 4416 with KOFF I can set a color category for individual emails. My question is whether I can send this email to another user (not here but an outside Outlook 2010 user - possibly with Kerio as well) and they will see the category which I have set. This is question 1.

Question 2 in the same area. If I have users who have access to my mailbox folder(s), will they be able to see the category color that I have set on an email or does the whole concept only show on my personal system? I have seen that at one time Categories were saved in the registry but this has long changed. I want to know if it is a useful concept within shared a mailbox.

Possibly someone out there knows? I never use this facility but I have a customer who has asked.

David Green
  •  
Ernesto (Kerio)

The color category attribute exists only in your local system. These attributes are not propagated or transmitted within the email message.

Sales Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
kingswaygroup

Thank you Ernesto. I did have a chance I test whether the category settings are seen by other users with access to my mailbox and they do see and can set the categories when using Outlook so that solves my problem.

David Green
  •  
scott@robinettking.com

I'd like to follow up on this question. We are having the same problem, but with calendar items and color categories.

We are a law firm, installing Kerio Connect with MS Outlook 2010 (KOFF Connector) a few months ago. Prior to this we ran our own Exchange server. We always use color categories for calendar items (e.g. red for court, dark blue for appointments, yellow for deadlines.)

But now when a delegate adds an item to an attorney's calendar, and sets the correct color / category, the attorney's calendar does not display the color category - always just light blue. This is a problem.

For any professional small business, this is critical, as the person using the calendar is not the person who creates the calendar item. Is there a way to set this up? Is this something that Kerio is working on in future releases? Is it in v. 9.0?

Scott B.
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

Color categories work following way:
There is just name of category in the message and this name is synchronized to any user accessing this message through Outlook. One message can contain more categories. Name of the category can be well-known (like Red, Blue etc) or custom one.

Owner of the calendar keeps in his/her mailbox a map that translates category name to color. This information is private, it is valid just for the owner of the mailbox. If you connect to the mailbox from more Outlook profiles, all of them have same color map.

If you share your calendar to other user, your calendar list is not shared, so messages with custom categories doesn't have correct color (categories with well-known names are displayed correctly).

However the is a workaround here. The other user can assign color to these unknown categories and this settings are kept in his profile, so these colors needs to be set just once for each category and then all messages from your mailbox should be displayed by the correct color.

Similarly, if the delegate adds some category that is not known in your category list, you can assign the color to the category yourself and it is kept in you mailbox for all messages.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
Previous Topic: x32 to x64 Conversion Help Please
Next Topic: KOFF profile creation KC9.0.0
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Apr 30 07:02:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02641 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.