Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » License Reallocation (Reuse of license from one user to another)
  •  
DVS

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I am new to Kerio. I spent some time in the Kerio knowledgebase, seeking an answer to this question. I found that you can transfer a license from Windows to an appliance. But what I want to know is whether I can transfer a license from one user to another within the same environment.

Several employees are no longer here and their Kerio accounts have been sitting idle. Soon, there will be new employees hired. I want to know, for example, if the license used for former employee John Doe can be reallocated to soon-to-be employee Jane Smith. Is this allowed or am I required to purchase new licenses?

If it is allowed, however, there is a twist to this. If reallocation of a license is allowed, can I transfer the license to Jane Smith, but keep the John Doe mailbox in-place, so that I can continue to utilize auto-reply whenever someone sends a message to the John Doe mailbox? Is this scenario allowed?

Your response would be most appreciated. And if you can point me to docs that discuss this issue, I would appreciate that as well.

Thank you
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

There is only one server license which defines the maximum number of users. As I understand your situation, when an employee leaves your company, you prefer to keep that person's mailbox, which will continue to occupy a license. One option is to delete the user (John) and choose the option to move their data to another user (Jane). This will free up a user license. You can additionally create an alias that delivers incoming email for John, to Jane's mailbox. Jane can create a rule in Kerio Connect Client to auto reply for anything to John's email address and also to sort email addressed to John into a subfolder.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
DVS

Thank you for your reply and I apologize for the slow response. The information that you provided was very helpful and I appreciate that. Thank you so much
Previous Topic: (German) Windows Server 2012 mit mehreren IP adressen
Next Topic: Log incoming sessions (activesync, kerio client, ...)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Feb 28 00:11:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00757 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.