Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Virtual administrators
  •  
Bongi

Send a private message to this user
Hello there !

We plan to have our own mail server in our entreprise, and I evaluate different Mail Server solutions.

I downloaded the Kerio Mailserver 6.0.1 trial version, installed it on a Suse Linux machine and it works very fine.
I configured 1 primary domain and 3 virtual domains. All works fine.
I dont find an usefull feature for us : the mail administrator.
I explain me.
When I create an user, I can setup rights on read/write. But that means this user can manage the entire Mail Server. It will ok for the main administrator, but I need to have some mail administrators. That means, an user who can only manage one virtual domains, add users, alias, distribution lists only in this domain, and dont see the other users in other domains.
Can this feature be activated ?

Sorry for my bad english, but I hope you understand my question. Let me know if not.

Bongi
  •  
Bongi

OK, my question seams to be not simple.

What I want to know is :
can we setup different levels of administrator ?

I dont want that my account administrator change the configuration of SMTP services, for example.

•  
ksinclair

We have th same issue in our organization. 7 domains, each with their own local admin. I cannot allow one admin the ability to change another domain's users.

The way it is now, I have to do all of the user administration out of our Corporate office which defeats the purpose of having local mail administrators.

I desparately need the ability to assign domain specific user administration for adds/changes/deletions of email accounts.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

ksinclair wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 15:56

I desparately need the ability to assign domain specific user administration for adds/changes/deletions of email accounts.

You are very close. Smile
This is almost perfect description of one feature currently developed for KMS 6.1 - per domain administrator.
  •  
ksinclair

In what time frame do you expect 6.1 to be released?
  •  
Bongi

Thx for reply.

I'm very happy with the KerioMail Server and this feature will be very welcome.

And what about the release. Date and price if I buy the 6.0.1 version now ?
Previous Topic: S/MIME
Next Topic: Multiple email domains, single AD domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 13:35:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.