Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Backup failed - since 8.5.1 update
  •  
McIrish

Send a private message to this user
Here's kind of an odd problem. I run a full backup to a NAS every Sunday at 1am. Since the 8.5.1. update, I am getting backup failed notices that are like this:
____________________________________________________________ ____________________
This is an informative message sent by Kerio Connect 8.5.1 at email.xxxxxx.com.

The backup to the \\Backup-Remote\Backup\MailServer\Backup directory, started on Sun, 19 Jul 2015 01:00:01 -0500, failed.

Backup to the \\Backup-Remote\Backup\MailServer\Backup/F20150719T060001Z.z ip file failed,
3144851 MB of 7492801 MB free on destination disk, backup file size 0 B.
____________________________________________________________ _________________________

The incremental backups seem to work though
____________________________________________________________ _______________________
This is an informative message sent by Kerio Connect 8.5.1 at email.xxxxxxx.com.

The backup to the \\Backup-Remote\Backup\MailServer\Backup/D20150720T060007Z.z ip file started on Mon, 20 Jul 2015 01:00:07 -0500 and finished successfully on Mon, 20 Jul 2015 02:14:41 -0500.

The following warnings were generated during the backup
M:\Program Files (x86)\Kerio\MailServer\store/spamassassin/bayes/bayes.db (file size exceeds allowed maximum for compressed volumes)

You can replace the backup media now.
____________________________________________________________ ____________________
If I look in the logs, I see this for the backup failure.

____________________________________________________________ _____________________
[19/Jul/2015 11:01:53] backup.cpp: Cannot write file M:\Program Files (x86)\Kerio\MailServer\store/mail/xxxxxx.com/username/INBOX/ #msgs/00029ca3.eml to backup ZIP file \\Backup-Remote\Backup\MailServer\Backup/F20150719T060001Z
[19/Jul/2015 11:01:55] backup.cpp: BACKUP: Backup failed in folder ~username<_at_>xxxxxx.com/INBOX, 3068065 MB (3068065 total) of 7492801 MB free on destination disk
____________________________________________________________ _______________________

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? How could incremental backups work if the full backup didn't? Or is it just that one file didn't get backed up? I'm confused. I checked the backup NAS and I'm not seeing enough zipped folders to cover a full backup. The backup NAS has 3TB of free space left and the backup is only 250GB so I'm not sure what's happening. Any help would be great.
  •  
Ernesto (Kerio)

According to the error in the log file, the full backup needs 7.49 TB and there is only 3TB available. That's the reason why the full backup failed.

The differential backups are smaller and in this case the subsequent differential worked. That differential is likely associated with the last full one that succeed, maybe a couple weeks ago.

Sales Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Ernesto (Kerio)

Let me correct myself: the error in the log says that there are 3TB free out of 7.49TB. (4.49TB used).

So, is not clear what caused that full backup to fail, other than the write error.

I would recommend to enable the option "Store Backup" in Logs->Debug in Kerio Connect web admin console and let the full backup run again. You can enable this option by right-clicking inside the log area and selecting Messages from the context menu.

If it fails again, call our technical support and send them a copy of the debug log.

Sales Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
McIrish

I will do that. Thanks for the idea Ernesto.
Previous Topic: Sending external email scans from canon photocopier
Next Topic: iPhone 5c read/unread messages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Apr 28 00:45:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00868 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.