Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage 2008 and ActiveSync on mobile devices after 8.5 upgrade
  •  
bigmountain

Send a private message to this user
Hey guys... with several servers full of users, I wanted to wait to upgrade. Now that some time has passed, I wanted to make sure I am clear on expectations after the upgrade. Here are my questions:

1. I know that Entourage is stated to not be supported in Connect 8.5. Can anyone tell me what happens to users who try to use Entourage to connect to Kerio Connect 8.5? Does it simply stop syncing? Is there a feature that stops working? Does it still work, but Kerio no longer "officially" supports it?

2. From reading several posts, it sounds like iOS devices simply need to disable and then re-enable their ActiveSync profile for things to start working again? Other devices (Androids and Windows Mobile) need to remove their ActiveSync profile and then add it back again? Like Entourage users above, what happens after the upgrade? Does all ActiveSync accounts stop syncing until one of the mentioned steps are taken or do the users simply lack the additional benefits of ActiveSync 14.1?

Normally, upgrades are not a big deal and in a controlled environment it is pretty seamless with a handful of users. However, with the number of users we have in our hosting environment, taken a combination of ActiveSync users and potential Entourage users, I cannot even image the nightmare of customer service calls we would get after an upgrade that killed everyone's ability to connect to the server the way they are used to. I can certainly post the scheduled upgrade, try to notify everyone (or at least the main contact for each client) and still not many people will follow direction.

I appreciate the input. Thanks!

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
Kedar

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
the Entourage is no longer supported by our "autoconfiguration tool", user must configure it manualy.

The synchronization should work (now), but it's not tested. Maybe it will work for a few years without problems, maybe it stops working when we make any changes for compatibility with supported clients.

2. Ideally, you should do nothing, the devices detect that a new version of EAS is available and start using it. On my BlackBerry and iPhone it worked automatically. If that does not work, my experience is that you try to restart the device if it does not work, then disable and enable synchronization of account. And only if this does not work, then remove account in device and configure it again.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 August 2015 09:06]

Previous Topic: Kerio Connect AD users
Next Topic: Outlook Free Busy not working after changing server in certificate(Fixed)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 15:06:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00340 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.