Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook Addin Kerio Out of Office Message (change default message for all users)
  •  
JJJCR

Send a private message to this user
Hello guys, Kerio Add-in in outlook has a default message for Out of Office Message. Can it be change?

It has this text:
Thank you for contacting me.
Unfortunately I am away from my mailbox now but I will reply to you on my return.

Can I change this message on the server and propagate the change to all users?

Thanks for any input.
  •  
ksnyder

I believe (based on information in an older thread...very old), the default out-of-office text is stored within the Outlook Connector and not on the server.

When initiated by the end-user, it is typically something that is customized based on the duration of their absence. Typically the message will set expectations about whether the user will be checking periodically, if they have someone covering for them and, if so, how to reach that person.

If you have specific guidelines for users, I would suggest a published script/policy for the time being. Out-of-office messages can also be configured on Kerio Connect Webmail client from the web browser. One of our partners has also developed an app called "Responder" for iOS that lets a user initiate an out-of-office message from their iPhone.

If none of these solutions work, I would encourage a feature suggestion within the Kerio Control admin dashboard. Perhaps others in the community have additional helpful suggestions.

Ken Snyder
  •  
JJJCR

hi ksynder, Thank you for your reply. How do I published a script for all users?

Let's say we want to have a general template for out of office message for all users. How do I propagate that template using a script to all users?

Thank you.
  •  
ksnyder

I think something's been lost in translation. Publishing an out of office policy/guideline would be something that you would communicate to employees the same as you would a vacation policy, maternity leave, required working hours, dress code, etc. Work it out with HR and put it in the employee handbook.

Ken Snyder
  •  
JJJCR

ksnyder (KERIO) wrote on Tue, 28 July 2015 11:08
I think something's been lost in translation. Publishing an out of office policy/guideline would be something that you would communicate to employees the same as you would a vacation policy, maternity leave, required working hours, dress code, etc. Work it out with HR and put it in the employee handbook.

Hi ksynder, yes I know what you mean. But it would be nice if the system will be able to do it.
Because no matter how hard sometimes we try to give instruction but at the end there will always be someone who will do a different thing.

So if it can be automated, I guess that would be nice.

Is there a link or a guide on how to use Kerio Scripting to automate changes to Kerio Outlook Connector add-in?

Thank you.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 July 2015 10:15]

•  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

There is no such guide as it is not a common request. Please submit a feature request to be able to set a default out of office reply. You can suggest an idea through the administration in the dashboard using the "suggest idea" button.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: Log incoming sessions (activesync, kerio client, ...)
Next Topic: Distributed Domains
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun May 28 16:41:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01093 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.