Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Renaming folders in Outlook
  •  
karun

Send a private message to this user
Hi everyone,

I have some kind of sync problem with kerio in Outlook. I use 1 kerio account on multiple pc's. When I rename a folder in Outlook it doesn't sync with Kerio Webmail and other pc's with Outlook.
Creating, deleting and renaming from within Kerio Webmail is working fine, On all the pc's with Outlook the changes are made within seconds. But when renaming a folder from within the Outlook Application it doesn't show in the Kerio Webmail nor on any of the pc's with Outlook.
What can be the solution to this problem ?

Regards,
Karun
  •  
Vicky Tripp

Hi Karun,

I have seen some Anti-Virus cause issues similar to this before. Have you tried disabling any AV plugging in Outlook and disabling any other pluggins in Outlook so that the Kerio connector is the only active one? Give that a try and see if that changes the behavior.

I hope this helps,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
  •  
karun

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for your reply. I will try your solution out tomorrow (monday) when I'm on the client side. I will keep you posted.

Thanks.
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

Is it a folder from private store or is it a folder from mapped shared store? It is not possible to rename folders in mapped stores (you can rename them locally, however it is not synchronized to owner's mailbox).

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
karun

I have some troubles disabling add-ons on 1 computer.

I will have to check if it is a shared folder. I'll keep you all posted.
  •  
karun

The problem is fixed.

While testing and experimenting in a virtual environment I discovered that only the original creator of a specific folder can push the changes to other clients.
The problem with my client was that in Outlook he had a different e-mail account set as the default account. After I did a upgrade of his Outlook installation and reconfigured his e-mail accounts I set the main company's account as the default account.
When a folder of the main kerio account is renamed this change also shows up on other client pc's (where on the main company's account is configured)

ps: I needed to upgrade office to 2013 because 2007 does not support more then 1 kerio account

[Updated on: Fri, 11 December 2015 16:32]

Previous Topic: android contacts
Next Topic: Retrieve mail from Kerio server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jun 26 14:03:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.