Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio connect 8.4.2 new eMailserver 8.5.x (Questions how to change the hardware with kerio connect)
  •  
lordofdarkness

Send a private message to this user
Dear all,
My customer want to change the hardware. At the moment he uses a virtual machine with debian.
I want to change to a new hardware with a fresh ubuntu installation.

1.) What is the best way to do this?
2.) The pc in the office are using Office 2013 with Outlook-Connector from kerio connect KOFF.
Do I have do deinstall the koff and shall I use the Outlook integrated Exchange Connector?

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Heinz
  •  
Bud Durland

You should probably start here: http://kb.kerio.com/360 and read about moving to a different host and/or operating system.

The integrated Exchange connector in Outlook will not work, you should continue to use the Kerio OutLook off-line connector. If you upgrade the version of the mail server during the transition (implied in you subject), KOFF will automatically update on the client PC's.

If the PC's are using OutLook 2013, you can use ActiveSync to connect to Kerio, but there are limitations. See http://kb.kerio.com/1755
  •  
lordofdarkness

No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 03 August 2015 11:39]

•  
lordofdarkness

Hi,
is it possible to change from my Debian installation to windows OS?
I see: http://kb.kerio.com/360
But if I want to change to windows, I need to change some path settings. So in windows it is common to use "\" instead of "/"
Do I only have to change those settings as described in the knowledge base? I only can do the change by using method2. There is no space availiable at the mailserver.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 August 2015 09:09]

•  
Bud Durland

You're moving to different hardware? The steps in the knowledge base are pretty complete. The biggest challenge will be copying the mails store from the Debian install to the windows box. I used Samba and RSync when I moved from Windows to Linux.

Generally, when specifying drives and folder,s windows uses "\". kerio seems to be a bit forgiving if you get one wrong, though.
Previous Topic: Too Many hops Error 5.4.6
Next Topic: Events Create in Calendar shows one less hour
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Feb 24 18:09:07 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00927 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.