Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » guarantee bandwidth
  •  
masoufi

Send a private message to this user
hi
how we can guarantee bandwidth for some users or ip range.
we reserved in configuration but when other users use more bandwidth the system automatically decrease bandwidth of reserved users.
i mean we want to dedicate some bandwidth to some users but system only do it if there is some free bandwidth.
best regards
  •  
ksnyder

Reservation rules *should* be an "on-demand" feature. Meaning, that the reservation rule should not take away bandwidth from other traffic UNLESS there is traffic detected that matches the rule.

It sounds like you are describing almost the opposite situation. Bandwidth is being reserved and then when NON-MATCHING traffic is detected, it's cutting into the bandwidth that *should* be reserved. Am I understanding correctly?

When you observe real-time traffic for hosts (Status-->Active Hosts-->[hostname]-->Connections), are you observing expected results in the "Bandwidth Management Rule" column? Are there, perhaps, other hosts transmitting that ALSO match the reservation rule? Is it possible that, as a group, the reservation rule is applied appropriately, but when looking at an individual host you're only seeing a fraction of bandwidth specified in the reservation rule?

[Updated on: Thu, 30 July 2015 22:42]

Ken Snyder
  •  
masoufi

we have one internet interface in kerio and only NAT all hosts to it. Then we set a rule and for 2 IP host we reserved half of all bandwidth. but when other hosts are using internet those 2 reserved host only can use minimum available bandwidth not full of bandwidth that we reserved for them.
we want to dedicate half of our internet bandwidth to some host that when they want to use it take away that reserved bandwidth from other host.
is it possible in kerio control and how?
best regards
  •  
ksnyder

If I'm understanding correctly, I'd urge you to try something like I've done in the attached screen-shot.

Create your priority IP address group. Build a traffic rule to allow this traffic (it's probably already allowed, but you need a traffic rule to be able to capture/isolate the traffic from only those two hosts). Then build your Bandwidth reservation rule using your new Traffic Rule as the "traffic" type.

See screenshot(s). ./fa/3945/0/

Ken Snyder
  •  
masoufi

i did exactly like u did. but this configuration do not guarantee bandwidth to that traffic and when other hosts use most of total bandwidth, Bdwidth of this rule goes down. and system only gives reserved bandwidth to this rule only if the other users do not use it.
it means the kerio control only reseve available bandwidth and do not guarantee and dedicate bandwidth to some rule.
ok?
  •  
masoufi

./fa/3947/0/

• Attachment: kerio.jpg
    (Size: 146.85KB, Downloaded 328 times)
  •  
ksnyder

To be clear, it's not a 24x7 guarantee. If 50% has been reserved for you, but your only activity at the time is retrieval of a text email, then you do not need 50% of the bandwidth and Kerio Control will not take it away from other traffic. This is what is meant by "on demand" in my initial response to you.

You need to be generating traffic. The traffic you're generating needs to be large enough that it meets or exceeds what you've defined in the rule.

If you really want to keep 50% for yourself and 50% for everyone else, you may want to add a bandwidth limitation rule just below your reservation rule and apply the limitation rule to all other users. I don't see what additional value this would add to you and it would only (unnecessarily) restrict everyone else.

Ken Snyder
  •  
masoufi

TXS alot
it helps

best regards
Smile
Previous Topic: Interface ignore dns settings
Next Topic: Application layer inspection firewall
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 16:17:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.