Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Tagging with DSCP (Is tagging with DSCP supported by Kerio Operator itself?)
  •  
SBMT

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have an installation of Kerio operator with two interfaces. One serving the phones network and one dedicated SIP interface going directly to the SIP provider. I recently had some call quality issues with external calls and my SIP provider is suddenly insisting to tag the traffic from Operator with DSCP.

I have done DSCP tagging with Kerio Control on other installations, when the SIP connection is used for other traffic as well, but never when I had Kerio Operator connected directly to the SIP provider (as in this case) without passing through a firewall.

They are recommending I need to put this command, and I quote, tos_audio=CS6 under the SIP settings of my PABX. On Asterisk, the file to put in is in /etc/asterisk/sip_general_custom.conf.

They are saying that if I tag my traffic, it would be correctly prioritised within their network, as opposed to untagged traffic, which I am currently passing.

Does this make sense to anyone? Can Kerio Operator tag traffic with DSCP? Since I cannot see the option within the Operator GUI, can this maybe done via CLI in a way which is "supported" by Kerio?

Any feedback will be appreciated.
Stefan.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi Stefan,

go to Advanced Options, click "SIP configuration" and configure the TOS parameters.

Best
Filip
  •  
SBMT

Hi Filip, thanks for the super quick reply.

The TOS - Audio is currently "ef" in Kerio GUI. So I change that to "cs6" as my provider is suggesting? This should translate into the same setting my provider is asking to modify in the .CONF file of Asterisk?

Stefan
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Yes, this will be written to the configuration file, "cs6" is one of the valid options.

I'd be a bit sceptical this will bring some significant improvement unless your SIP provider is at the same time your internet connectivity provider, but you can always try.
  •  
SBMT

I understand. I used to tag with DSCP on connections providing Internet as well. This is the first time I am being told by them to do it on a dedicated SIP connection.

At the end of the day, I don't know what they're doing within their network so since they are insisting I tag, I will oblige and tag...

Thanks Filip for the prompt and accurate help, as usual!
Stefan
Previous Topic: Remote door opening
Next Topic: LDAP.. Phone number.. Kerio Operator + Kerio Connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon May 29 02:11:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01010 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.