Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to use Secure IMAP on Apple Notes connections?
  •  
b-tom

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

here is an issue which bugs me for quite some time. We would like to use SSL on Apple Notes connections. Thus we've changed the Internet Accounts settings for the Account to Port 993 and also enabled the checkbox „Use SSL". Now when I restart Apple Notes and Go to the KC Administration > Active Connections > Notes still uses IMAP instead of IMAP Secure. Opening again Internet Accounts > myemail<_at_>domain.com > The setting for Notes are reverted back to Port 143 and the checkbox „Use SSL" is enabled. Why does Notes ignores the Internet Account settings?

Apple Mail's checkbox „Automatically detect and maintain account settings" for IMAP/SMTP is disabled. The KC Security policy is set to encrypted connection

What can I do?

[Updated on: Thu, 13 August 2015 16:17]

•  
b-tom

Anyone? I am really looking for a solution.
  •  
clan

Did you check the column 'secure' on the active connections display? It may be using STARTTLS to secure the connection on port 143.
  •  
b-tom

Your are right, thank you.

Protocol: IMAP
Secure YES
Folder ~myemail<_at_>domain.com/Notes

Debug logfile:
{imaps} Command 14.2 LIST "" "Notes/*" 
Established secure server connection from ADDRESS:50262 to ADDRESS:143 using TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, id 0x105bcaa30
{conn} SSL debug: id 0x106840820 SSL_accept:SSLv3 read finished A

[Updated on: Fri, 14 August 2015 11:46]

Previous Topic: Public folders
Next Topic: PDF attachments issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Feb 20 16:22:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00983 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.