Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Issues Upgrading from 8.3.2 to 8.5.1?
  •  
Bob Johnston

Send a private message to this user
I currently run KC v8.3.2 server on a Mac running OS X 10.8.4. I'd like to upgrade soon to the latest version of KC. Does anyone foresee any issues going from 8.3.2 to 8.5.1? Should all email clients and iOS devices sync as they normally do?

We have a mixed environment Windows Outlook 2013 using the KOC and Mac Outlook 2011 using Exchange Accounts. We have iPhones/iPads using Exchange Accounts too.

Thanks...
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I think some Exchange ActiveSync devices will need to create a new account after migration due to change of EAS protocol version. Read the Release Notes document for 8.5.0 version. And I suggest to read all others for older versions as well. You can find them in archive: http://download.kerio.com/archive/

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Bob Johnston

Thank you for the info. I read the Release Notes a couple months ago about the Exchange ActiveSync item, and held off upgrading until I read more about how the upgrade went for administrators and how it impacted their user's ActiveSync devices and if any other issues arose with Outlook (Mac and Win) clients.

Anyone have any experiences with an upgrade between similar versions?
  •  
j.a.duke

Bob Johnston wrote on Fri, 14 August 2015 08:06
Thank you for the info. I read the Release Notes a couple months ago about the Exchange ActiveSync item, and held off upgrading until I read more about how the upgrade went for administrators and how it impacted their user's ActiveSync devices and if any other issues arose with Outlook (Mac and Win) clients.

Anyone have any experiences with an upgrade between similar versions?

I upgraded from 8.0.4 to 8.5.1 back in June and other than the new calendar delgation issues, everything went pretty smoothly, even the EAS devices. I'm mostly supporting iPhones and those are all pretty current, so no real issues there or with the two Android phones I get to deal with.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
Bob Johnston

Excellent, thanks for the info.

I hope others had the same upgrade success with similar version differences. I always get a little anxious when upgrading our KC server.
Previous Topic: PDF attachments issue
Next Topic: Duplicate Emails being sent
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Mar 29 09:08:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00956 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.