Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Multiple email domains, single AD domain
  •  
jledbett

Send a private message to this user
I am need to have multiple email domains while still using one AD domain, but hwat happens is for every user activated, they show up in all email domains. If I have a user jsmith<at>company1.com, then they also show up as jsmith<at>company2.com, I fear this will use two licenses and cause confusion since they can log in to both accounts, but the email boxes are different.

Any other way to approach this scenario, or will it take fixes on Kerio's behalf?

James
  •  
sirjosi

have you tried using domain alias?

pay it forward
-sirjosi
  •  
jledbett

THe problem is that you cannot set the email address for the user to the alias of a domain. Also, after testing it, it does count those users twice for licensing purposes. I have only 12 users right now and license for 20, but I cannot add any more users since those 12 are in two domains, even though I dont want them there.

This may definately impact on whether I can go ahead with this project using Kerio. I am going to have 120 users in half a dozen email domains and a single AD domain. My deadline for having this up and going is coming up, and I dont see a fix real soon on the horizon. Any help from Kerio?

James
Previous Topic: Virtual administrators
Next Topic: Mailinglist keeps sending bounce messages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 06:33:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00380 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.