Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Winroute Firewall severely hampers network shares
  •  
nwatts

Send a private message to this user
I have the trial version of Winroute Firewall v5.1.7 installed. I have proper traffic rules in place. When the firewall engine is running, network shares are severely hampered. Access to shared network folders on workstation hosts on the LAN from the Firewall host is the problem. Access time can take minutes, and sometimes even fails when the Winroute engine is running. When it is stopped, share access is almost instant. Traffic rules can not be the problem because access usually still works. Just extremely slow. Other hosts on the LAN can still quickly access shares on the Firewall host.

Please help if a known solution is available. If not, please fix KWF ASAP.

Thanks,
Nate
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

Try this as a test. Right click in the Traffic Policy window. Click on 'modify columns' and then add 'protocol inspector' to the list of visible columns. Create a rule similar to this one:

Source: LAN network card
Destination: Firewall
Service: Any
Action: Permit
Translation: None
Protocol Inspector: None

Move this rule to the top of the list and then apply the change. Test with a network share and see if this helps. This rule will disable all of the protocol inspectors for local traffic that originates from the LAN to the WinRoute machine.
  •  
nwatts

Thanks, tried this, no go. However, it does seem to work ok if I browse by IP(\\192.168.0.1) instead of netBIOS name(\\PC1).

Maybe this gives a clue?

Thanks,
Nate
  •  
zhangmeibo

I think netbios name resolving is not working correctly.You can make a WINS server in lan , it can help you resolving netbios name.
Previous Topic: HTTP strange behavior with www.ifrance.com & Kerio FW 5.1.7
Next Topic: Need Help with Protocol Inspector
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 20:33:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00463 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.