Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Google warning troubleshoot. (Unusual traffic from your computer network)
  •  
nestor

Send a private message to this user
Hi.

I've have inherited configured Kerio Control without previous experience with it.
More and more users behind that device are getting annoying Google warning about "Unusual traffic from your computer network".
support.google.com/websearch/answer/86640?hl=en
Is there a way to monitor traffic towards Google with Kerio?
Something like Wireshark?
I have found this page in the KB but I can't find the Context menu!!!!
kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-control/logs/logging-packets-1374 .html
Am I looking in wrong way? My version is 8.5.1 build 3235.

Anyway any idea is appreciated.

Kind Regards.

•  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

You can create a Wireshark type capture but it would be like searching for a needle in a haystack. I'd start with the Status -> Active Hosts and look at the activity of hosts reporting this message. You can also check the HTTP log. It's likely though that the traffic is encrypted, so you may not have any luck trying to identify the issue at the gateway level.
I did some quick research and it seems that this message is usually caused by some type of malware. I'd run a security scan on those systems reporting the message.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
ksnyder

The link you provided to Google's support page indicates that the most common cause is that somebody has Hola VPN software running which is apparently a pretty bad thing. You might also start with trying to determine if the PC's receiving this warning message have the Hola VPN software installed and follow the suggested steps for removal.

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: No Internet on Wifi
Next Topic: Control and Connect on same box
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Mar 27 22:20:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00930 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.