Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Outlook Connector unexpectedly switches to offline mode
  •  
BC

Send a private message to this user
For some Months now many of our users experience troubles with Kerio Outlook Connector.
The symptoms described as following:

• Kerio Outlook Connector randomly switches to offline mode and Outlook stops to sync with the server. We have no idea what is triggering the problem.
  • Kerio Outlook Connector itself won't reconnect automatically, so Outlook continues to stay offline.
  • Kerio-Symbol in taskbar has a red Outlook icon instead of a yellow Outlook Icon on it.
  • Sometimes it isn't even possible to reconnect when restarting Outlook.

Our Workaround: Open Kerio Account Settings (where servername, username and password can be entered) and click "Retrieve Info" button. Icon switches from red to yellow and Mails will be send and recieved again. You cann imagine that our users are annoyed about this workaround.

We're using Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013 under windows 7 professional and Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) Version 8.5.1.4597T0

Could you please provide me some information under which circumstances Kerio switches to offline mode?
What we can we do to further analyse or better to resolve this problem. Is it possible to set a time when Outlook automatically tries to reconnect?

[Updated on: Thu, 20 August 2015 11:01]

•  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

Kerio Outlook Connector switches to offline mode either when Outlook is switched to offline (than the icon is gray), or when any error occurs on connection to Connect. Nevertheless new attempt to reconnect should be automatically performed every 30 seconds in most situations.

You can try to switch Outlook to offline when such issue occurs, wait for Kerio Outlook Connector changes icon color to gray and then switch Outlook to online again. Does it help?

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
BC

Hi Pavel, thanks for your fast reply.

Unfortunaltely this helps just a little. I have had the described problem (with red icon) again just minutes ago. And my Kerio Outlook Connector didn't reconnect itself in the mentioned 30 seconds time. I have never seen that Outlook switches to offline Mode and the icon turns grey.

I will try to switch Outlook to offline and online again if this problem occurs again. But unfortunately this is only another workaround.

Btw. our Kerio server is in the same building and Network. And no other systems have similar issues. It seems to me that KOC is way too sensitive regarding to connection errors. Could you describe some reasons for connection problems that effect kerio.

EDIT:
- Problem reoccured, your suggested workaround switching to offline and online worked as expected.
- Before I did this, I klicked the red icon and got a waring message saying that my username or password is wrong. This message must be wrong! I haven't changed my login credentials for a long time.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 August 2015 14:09]

•  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

Hi

I don't suggest such test as a final solution, nevertheless it isn't just a workaround. It is a test that should tell us more about your issue. If the issue is caused by incorrectly working reconnect, switching offline and online should help.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

Incorrect authorization is one of the cases when reconnect interval is extended to 5 minutes (nevertheless it should reconnect eventually if the issue is really solved).

Kerio Outlook Connector should report such error just if its authorization attempt to Kerio Connect was rejected. You can check logs in Kerio Connect adminstration for some hint why Kerio Connect reject authorization from KOC in Kerio Connect logs. If you can't find anything, I recommend to ask for help at Kerio Technical Support.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
BC

Hi again, meanwhile we found out, that our KOC perfoms a reconnect after about 10 minutes. Is it possible to configure how long it takes until another reconnect attempt will be performed? If so, where can it be configured and how?
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

No, the reconnect interval is not configurable. It is 30seconds in most cases, longer interval (5 minutes) is in the case of authorization issues.

As you wrote before, Kerio Outlook Connector detected incorrect name/password, so the reconnect interval is long. It would be better to find out why these authorization issues occur.
Kerio Outlook Connector enters the unauthorized state just in the only occassion - when Kerio Connect reject the authorization. So it should be possible to find out rejected authorization in Kerio Connect debug log (make sure you have User Authentication logging enabled).
If you have difficulties to find out the reason in the log, I recommend to ask Technical Support for help.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
whizkidz

Do you use LDAP/active directory for authentification, check the time difference between the connect server and the domain server.
No more the 5 minutes difference is allowed.
Previous Topic: Kerio Outlook connect error
Next Topic: Current best practice with shared calendars in iCal?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Jan 18 08:59:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03683 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.