Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Account Assistant - Cannot connect on port 9900 or 443
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We're on Kerio Connect server 8.4

I just upgraded a user from 10.6.8 to 10.10.5.

The OSX Mail app account was munged in the process and I am trying to re-run the Kerio Connect Account Assistant.

I repeatedly get the following message:

Cannot connect to "mail.myco.com" server on the following ports: 9900, 443. Check the firewall settings or contact your network admin.

There is no firewall running on the client Mac.

I have tried...

• using a different Kerio account, same problem.

• different OSX account on the same Mac, same problem.

• deleted all caches on the Mac.

• different Mac on the Lan, no problem.

The problem is endemic to all OSX accounts on this specific Mac.

Please advise.

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
t.schoenfeld

We have the exact same issue, just with port 443 and 8843, a new mac 10.10.5 with no prior accounts, firewall off on server (intern lan) and on mac, telnet works fine, all other mac and pcs work fine, Kerio Connect 8.5.2.

There is no entry in the mac console upon connecting to Kerio with the Assistent. And connection Outlook 2011 for mac to kerio manually with "exchange" as typ does work for mails but for calendars.
  •  
cookiestore99

Same problem here. Even if we tried to install Kerio Connector on an older version of Mac OS X (10.10.4) and then update to 10.10.5 it does not work. So Kerio Connector is broken completely.Kerio please fix that!

Thanks.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Do you use self-signed SSL certificate on the server or trusted commercial one?
  •  
t.schoenfeld

•  
lodewijk

had the same issue at 2 clients too

using self signed cert

port 443 and 8843
  •  
fishtech

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

OS X 10.10.5 improves certificate validation and refuses to connect to the server if the SSL certificate is not trusted.
As a workaround you can try to import server self-signed SSL certificate into Keychain and mark it as trusted before running the auto-configuration tool.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 September 2015 17:54]

•  
cookiestore99

I tried to import and trust the certificate first, like you suggested, but it didn't work.

It still gives me the same error message:
"Cannot connect to 'localserver' server on the following ports: 443, 8843. Check the firewall settings or contact your network administrator."
  •  
fishtech

Same here, same error.

I tried exporting from Confirguration > SSL Certificates, and added [b]server1.crt [/b to users Login keychain and System keychain. I marked as trusted and tried to re-run the installer but got the same error report.

Regards,

ft.
  •  
t.schoenfeld

I always use Safari on the first installation of Kerio to load the assistant. This will always gives me the opportunity to mark the certificate as "always trust". So this is not the solution.

Could a kerio admin confirm now, that this is in fact a general issue and not just some isolated cases?

FYI: I am running OS 10.11 v8 beta right now on my laptop. No issues with an existing kerio account so far.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 September 2015 16:50]

•  
fishtech

Has anyone been able to configure a new user on 10.10.5 ?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
lodewijk

we are stuck too....trusting the self signed cert does not work either...
  •  
Scissors

I have sort of the same problems after upgrading to OS X server 5.0. Reminds me of when Lion came but the work around doesn't work. Any ideas?
http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/os-x/cannot-start- http-services-on-os-x-lion-server-636.html

Scissors

I solved my problem (couldn't access webmail nor activesync due to OS X server 5.0.3 screwing with the 443 and 80 ports) by downgrading to OS X Server 4.1.5 with the help of Time Machine backups...

Previous Topic: KC Account Configuration Outlook V15.15 Mac
Next Topic: Custom Rule for all users
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 13:56:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00562 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.