Here are some best practices for using the Windows 10 RTM Mail app with Kerio Connect. Some minimum privacy settings are required. Lots of folks are disabling ALL the privacy settings which breaks the email app so I took the time to run through this and this appears to be the minimum settings to make the app work with Kerio Connect as an ActiveSync device.
You probably should go to the Windows store and make sure you download the latest Mail app first, there are several updates to the one that shipped with the RTM build. You need a Microsoft account to be able to do this though (yuk). Metro apps don't update via Windows update, they update via the Store, just like a mobile device does.
1. If you changed your privacy settings in Windows 10 to turn everything off, you will have to turn a couple things back on for the Mail app to work.
2. Click on Start, Settings and click on the Privacy icon.
3. In the Calendar tab, turn on Let apps use my calendar and also turn on Mail and Calendar. (These are the minimum privacy settings for the Mail app to work. It won't fully sync without these.)
4. Click Start, Mail to start the Mail app (it is on a tile on the start menu). If you can't find it, type Mail in the search box and open the Mail app.
5. When you first start the app, it will present you with an Accounts screen. Click on the Add account button to get started.
6. Scroll to the bottom, then click on Advanced setup, then click Exchange ActiveSync.
7. Enter your email address, email password, email username, leave domain blank, enter your mail server FQDN as the server, scroll down and give the email account a name, like "My Email" and click Sign-in.
8. You should receive a message that says All done! and your account was setup successfully. Click Done.
9. It will take you back to the accounts screen. Click on the account you just created and click Ready to go.
10. Click on the Settings icon at the bottom left, which looks like a gear, then click on Accounts.
11. Click on your account, and then click Change Mailbox sync settings.
12. Change Download new content to as items arrive. Click Done, then Save.
13. Click on the Settings icon at the bottom left, which looks like a gear, then click on Accounts.
14. Click on your account, and then click Options.
15. Scroll down to the bottom and in the Notifications section, check Show a notification banner and check Play a sound to receive notifications of a new email in the action area.
16. Make any other settings you want in the Options section such as signature.
17. Click on the Sync this view icon at the top right of the email window to get things moving and you should see your emails sync. This app behaves more like a mobile app (smartphone) than a full Outlook email.
18. Open the Calendar app and click on your account and Ready to go to associate the Calendar with your ActiveSync account.
So far, so good. Seems to work. Haven't fully tested things like Calendar events etc yet.
[Updated on: Sat, 22 August 2015 19:49]
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum
members and may contain information and material posted by members which may
be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not
intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any
information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the
posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in
the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the
discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the
company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to
monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of