Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » big issues with Outlook 2011 and meeting changes
  •  
sfpete

Send a private message to this user
Hi all-

Just seeing if anyone else is having similar issues to us.

Beginning in KC 8.5.1 (I believe), we've been noticing a very large number of reports of people stating that when making changes to existing meetings... time changes, meeting cancellation, etc... that the attendees are not receiving the update email.

This is not happening to all meeting changes, but indeed a very high percentage - I'd hazard a guess of about 25%.

Looking into it further when we hear about it, when the meeting changes are made and none of the attendees get it... the meeting change email is NOT indeed sent out, as it's not in the sent items.

I believe this began around the 8.5.1 update, and we've had dozens and dozens of support requests on it from multiple users, and multiple separate Kerio Connect servers and networks.

It does not appear to be Outlook related, as we're seeing the issue on all 14.4.x and 14.5.x versions.

It started all of a sudden.

We've rolled several KC servers back to 8.5.0 and as of yet, the issue appears to have stopped.

Anyone else seeing the same or have any insight? I can't imagine we're the only ones, as this is a fairly vanilla configuration.

Likewise, to pile on top of that... we applied the 8.5.2 update on one server as a test bed... hoping it resolved the issue. It didn't, and on top of that none of the Outlook 2011 clients were automatically checking email without a manual check or application restart. Very quickly rolled back on that one.

Love to hear others reports or experiences on either of these issues!

•  
GetSync'd

sfpete,

Yes, I'm a tracking this issue with Kerio now. I have an open support ticket with them, though at this time we can't confirm that this is an issue with Kerio or Outlook. As the problem is only happening with a couple of users on one of our servers. Let you know what we find out.

GetSync'd.Com
Certified Hosted Kerio Connect Solutions
Kerio Mail Boxes / Dedicated Kerio Servers / Managed Kerio Cloud
http://www.getsyncd.com
  •  
FFPR IT

we have the same anomalies, most with series appointments. Our KC Version is 8.5.0.
  •  
gpubit

We are having the same issue, We just updated Kerio Connect to 8.5.2 Last night and today all of our users that are still running Outlook 2011 are no longer receiving emails without manually hitting Send / Receive All button. We can't even add an automated receive check to provide a temporary fix to the problem since it is setup as an Exchange account. Downgrading back to 8.5.1 now.. We did install Outlook 2016 and it worked great.. But unfortunately we are not ready to upgrade everyone to the new office. Anyone have a fix for Outlook 2011 Exchange push / active syncing with 8.5.2

Update: we rolled back to 8.5.1 and Outlook 2011 is working fine again..
  •  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

On which OS are installed your Kerio Connect servers?¨

I did some tests and I'm not able to reproduce it on all OS. :-/

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
FFPR IT

we use osx 10.8.5
  •  
gpubit

Our Mac server that is running Kerio Connect is 10.10
  •  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

Thank you, we're investigating this issue, I guess this bug is platform dependent. Sad

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
GetSync'd

Radek,

I have a support ticket with Ken Whittaker that we are working on this issue. That ticket is TBK-704528.

Mike

GetSync'd.Com
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Dear sfpete,
we fixed the problem with Outlook 2011 not automatically receiving new messages, the patch will be released ASAP (probably today or tomorrow). This problem occurs only on OS X, other platforms are not affected.
Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce the problem with attendees not receiving updates of meeting requests. Please can you provide more details or scenario how to reproduce it? (all day event, single/repeated, the property that is updated, the clients involved, ...).
Thank you

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
sfpete

Thanks for the hustle in getting the patch out to resolve the Outlook 2011 clients not checking issue.

I haven't tested yet, but assume you guys sorted that.

Unfortunately we can't indeed proceed with that update (8.5.2 patch 1) if it doesn't address the issue with Outlook 2011 not sending out updates to existing calendar events.

As I mentioned, we had to revert servers back to 8.5.0 to get this functioning again.

The issue is somewhat elusive to replicate, but I'll provide as much info as I know.

-An Outlook 2011 creates a single meeting event and invites others.

-They later make a change to the event - a time change or what-not, it doesn't seem to mater.

-They then report that none of the meeting attendees received the update email. Checking the meeting originators sent items, the update is not sent.

-This appears to happen approximately 25% of the time.

Outlook 14.4.x and 14.5.x.

Kerio Connect servers running on Mac OS X.

It started suddenly across the board for many environments and networks.

What other info can I provide?
  •  
GetSync'd

Pavel,

See my earlier post for the open support ticket I have. I've posted logs from my customers Outlook 2011 troubshooting login, along with logs from the Kerio Connect server. Maybe something in there will help you determine the issue.

Thanks
Mike

GetSync'd.Com
  •  
mkassar

Hi There,

Just to add my two cents:

We are also experiencing the invite changes not going out in Outlook 2011,
Our Kerio 8.5.1 Server is not running on OS X server but rather Red Hat Linux 6.7 and issue did start happening after the 8.5.1 upgrade from 8.4.

We also have noticed an issue with Calendar Notes in a meeting disappearing:

1) User is setting up a meeting with by iPhone, Webmail or Outlook.
2) She populates notes in her meeting invite and sends it out
3) Some time passes by and when she goes back to her calendar invite, all the notes are gone. (Not from the attendees calendar item but only the moderators? odd indeed!)

Is anyone else seeing the same behaviour?

Thanks

Mike
  •  
kritzresn

Same issue here, event edited on osx 10.10 calendar app, with a windows 8.5.2 server will delete the whole meeting for other users that had previously accepted.

Looking at the client and servers this is not related to one client app or OS, so pleas get on it kerio!

[Updated on: Wed, 02 September 2015 12:35]

Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Dear kritzresn,
please can you provide more details:
  • which protocol is configured in Calendar application (Exchange/CalDAV)
  • the user that modified event is meeting organizer, is it shared/public calendar?
  • is it simple/recurrent event?
  • which property/field of the event was modified (start time, description, location...)
  • in which application the event was originally created?
Thank you

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
Previous Topic: Active Directory authentication slow
Next Topic: The discontinuation of the old webmail in KC9
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu May 25 03:19:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02235 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.