Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio Control Slow with limit 100%
  •  
Duc Anh Babim

Send a private message to this user
hi. I use Kerio control on KVM and Vmware from many years ago to now. I really happy with kerio's feature and gui interface smart and easy to config.
But now, when I need a UTM (router and Firewall) with high speed but my Kerio Control just limit 200mbps-400mbps.
After check on top command and change CPU (socket, core) for vm appliance. I see when I download or copy data between two network, my kerio appliance have winroute process use ~90-100% cpu. In linux when a process use 2 core or 2 socket cpu your process will load ~190-210% on top command. I don't know why Kerio just 100%, most use single core but sometime use 2 or 4 core but total all core use = 100% CPU = 1 CPU over.
If enable snort on process list of top command you will see snort, and snort + winroute = 100% cpu. If snort use 70% cpu, winroute use 30% and speed will slow down.
This is Kerio's idea for limit virtual appliance ?
  •  
Duc Anh Babim

Speed when set 1 CPU or 4 -8 - 16 CPU is same. and top command you will see winroute load 90-100% but in system check on web admin gui, you see 100% if you have 1 cpu, 50%-60% if you have 2 cpu, 25% if you have 4 CPU. Why not use all resource! ???

[Updated on: Mon, 31 August 2015 09:46]

•  
Duc Anh Babim

Oops when i change my network driver to virtio, Because Kerio control 8.6.0 patch 1 support virtio driver. I see winroute on top command load 200% cpu.
Thanks u! Sorry for disturb
Previous Topic: Virtio Support for Proxmox etc.
Next Topic: L2TP VPN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Apr 30 07:02:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01137 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.