Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Block Specific Device from Synchronizing
  •  
SBMT

Send a private message to this user
Hello everyone,

Is it possible to block specific devices from synchronizing in Kerio Connect? While looking at mailserver.cfg at the new LegacyDevices part, I noticed another new BlockedDevices which I could not find any reference or documentation to.

I have a couple of tablets which generate a big amount of errors in the logs and no matter how many times I tell the users to "fix" their devices, they are still there spitting out errors.

I would like to block these devices, if I have some kind of syntax to use... if possible?

Thanks,
Stefan
  •  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

For the LegacyDevices exists the article http://kb.kerio.com/1799

For the BlockedDevices it seems there is nothing. I created suggestion for Doc team.

To add blocked device, its device type must be added to BlockedDevices list in mailserver.cfg as follows:
<list name="BlockedDevices">
<listitem>
<variable name="DeviceType">Device type to be blocked.</variable>
</listitem>
</list>

Device type of devices can be found either in debug.log when ActiveSync Synchronization messages is enabled e.g.:
[25/Mar/2015 13:08:04][7256] {activesync} Receiving request from 192.168.2.101:51940: Version: 14.1, Command: Sync, Device Id: B98FBC62A9BE6A0711CC3228E201C0FB, Policy Key: 1, Device Type: WP8
Or in error.log, e.g:
[27/Nov/2014 12:40:44] ASyncAirSyncHelpers.cpp: Unable to parse request from mobile device. Unknown class: Notes. [User: ja<_at_>pokus.cz, Device: (9PVUSCII2T4B3BKE11QKG44UAS, iPhone, Apple-iPhone5C1/1202.435), IP address: 192.168.2.210], i.e. second item after Device: (format is (device_id, device_type, user_agent)).

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
SBMT

Thank you for your message. This is not exactly useful to me, as it would block all devices of that type. I want to block a specific device, not a whole type.

So in Kerio I cannot block a specific tablet of a specific user ONLY and NOTHING else?

Thanks,
Stefan
  •  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

Try force older EAS for these devices (LegacyDevices).
If it will not work, deny ActiveSync for these users in User Access Policies and they should use IMAP/CalDAV/CardDAV

Unfortunately Kerio Connect is not MDM.

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 8.5.3
Next Topic: Kerio Connect Sync for Android App
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Jun 29 02:27:08 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00386 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.