Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » SIP traffic seen as large file transfer
  •  
trix

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Control is showing my SIP trunk as large file transfer traffic.

I can't apply shaping to large file transfers because it then also shapes my SIP trunk and quality.

Is there any way to exclude the SIP traffic from the large file transfer rule?

•  
ksnyder

Have you tried to define a SIP traffic rule and place it higher than the large file transfer traffic rule?

Ken Snyder
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

I've also suggested to the Kerio Control product team that we exclude VoIP traffic from accounting towards large data transfers. However as Ken noted, you can create a separate bandwidth rule for VoIP traffic.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
trix

•  
victorae

Return the ability to specify the characteristics of a "large data transfers". Please.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 September 2015 12:57]

•  
ksnyder

@victorae, I'm not sure what you're asking for. Do you want the ability to define for yourself what is to be considered a Large File Transfer -or- are you looking for Kerio's definition of a Large File Transfer? See: http://kb.kerio.com/1739

Ken Snyder
  •  
victorae

ksnyder (KERIO) wrote on Wed, 09 September 2015 23:30
<_at_>victorae, I'm not sure what you're asking for. Do you want the ability to define for yourself what is to be considered a Large File Transfer -or- are you looking for Kerio's definition of a Large File Transfer?

Ability to define size and time interval. 200kb x 5sec - its no large. 70% of traffic from standart websites determined as "Large Data Transfer". It not normal. For me, example, large file - 20mb x 5 sec.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 September 2015 08:11]

Previous Topic: Cannot access https://my.kerio.com, it's blank
Next Topic: JavaScript
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jul 24 16:35:08 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00517 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.