Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SMTP Delivery - Settings per domain?
  •  
Teepot

Send a private message to this user
I can configure Kerio Connect to use an external SMTP (smarthost) for email delivery. But I want to use a different smarthost for specific domains. It seems Kerio Connect is not able to do this right now?

It's able to bind outgoing email to a specific IP address but I can't configure a diffrerent SMTP delivery server for each domain?

Is this something Kerio would consider for a new release?
  •  
Teepot

Or could you at least, please, add a very simple temporary solution in the next release? You could for example allow me to enter "%domain%" in the username field and have kerio connect use the domain as the username and the same password everytime.

This would effectively solve my current issues until complete support for domain-specific SMTP delivery options is there.

Please get back to me. Tell me how much it'll cost to have this implemented fast.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 September 2015 23:06]

•  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Teepot,

Unfortunately this is a feature that our developers have not implemented yet. Please use the feedback buttons to suggest this idea or to increase the vote for the idea if it already exists:

http://kb.kerio.com/1643

It is a good idea and we have had a few people ask for this in the past and the best way to try and get this feature developed into the product sooner is to get it suggest (with the link above) or to vote for the idea if someone else has already suggested it. The more votes an idea has the more the developers will consider it.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
Teepot

If I'm correct this feature already has 383 votes, right?
It's been requested back in 2010.
There are only 3 other requests having more votes.

So, what should I think about this? It's being ignored anyway?
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Teepot,

The developers do not ignore what users of the software are asking for. Some features do take longer to plan, develop and implement. The best thing to do is to keep voting as the developers do take on board what end users are asking for.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
  •  
Teepot

I can understand that some things require more time than others.
But 5-6 years for a simple thing like this? Come on ... Smile
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Teepot,

I agree it would be an amazing feature for some of customers installs. Sadly we have to wait for development to implement the feature as they are the ones that have the power Very Happy

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
  •  
Teepot

Still, it takes them too much time. The feature I'm asking about can't be hard to implement. Everything is already written, they just need to add a couple extra boxes in the domain configuration dialog, and add a couple lines to the SMTP Delivery thread...

I'm not the only guy in need for this particular feature. A while ago someone on IRC, with exactly the same problem I have, sent me a patched 'mailserver' binary that is always using the domain as the username with SMTP Delivery authentication.
I used it for a while but it prevented me to do updates so I had to implement a different solution for it.

Right now I'm running an additional exim mailserver on my kerio connect box and have kerio connect forward all emails to exim. Exim, in turn, is sending it to the right smtp relays based on the sender address.

It's working, but it's a very big mess just because kerio connect refuses to implement this particular feature.

You can tell me that the developpers are not ignoring us. But how do you call it if after 5 years still nothing happened?

•  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

The feature request is flagged as "Under review". This generally means it is a candidate for an upcoming release.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Teepot wrote on Thu, 03 September 2015 16:42
I can configure Kerio Connect to use an external SMTP (smarthost) for email delivery. But I want to use a different smarthost for specific domains. It seems Kerio Connect is not able to do this right now?

It's able to bind outgoing email to a specific IP address but I can't configure a diffrerent SMTP delivery server for each domain?

Is this something Kerio would consider for a new release?

Join Kerio Betatesting forum and be the first one to test this feature. As suggested in Uservoice it is coming to the next version.
  •  
Teepot

Thanks, I signed up for the beta yesterday.
Now I have to wait for getting accepted?
  •  
Teepot

Teepot wrote on Tue, 08 September 2015 19:18
Thanks, I signed up for the beta yesterday.
Now I have to wait for getting accepted?

How long does it usually take for accepting a beta-tester?
  •  
Teepot

I signed up for beta on 7 september 2015 but haven't heard back since.

Is this normal ?

[Updated on: Tue, 15 September 2015 21:58]

Previous Topic: Sharing Documents
Next Topic: Auth in Outlook randomly changing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Apr 26 23:21:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01152 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.