Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sales Force Denied (But, I'm not surpised)
  •  
Bud Durland

Send a private message to this user
The decision was made to adopt SalesForce in our company, at about the time as the recent activity on this thread. I wasn't the point man on the evaluation process, but the fellow who was made sure to tell the SF representative (several times) that we had a Kerio Connect mail server, NOT MS Exchange. So of course, when we tried to install the SF OutLook plugin, it failed in an epic fashion, explicitly telling us than an Exchange Server is required. Screen shot attached.

So, this post is me trying to do some follow-up. Looking at some old Kerio Connect release notes, I see in the version 8.2 there was an update to accommodate SalesForce 2.2. The current release is 2.8. So, the questions are:

1. if we can find a copy of version 2.2 of the SF for OutLook, will it work with Kerio Connect 8.5?
  2. is it technically possible to make SF 2.8 work with newer Kerio versions, and if so, is it on the product road map?

In the meantime, we are looking at alternatives iHance and LinkPoint360. iHance looks to be more suited for what we want, but we have to evaluate and see.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 September 2015 23:19]

•  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

Salesforce version that worker with Kerio Outlook Connector 8.2 should work with any newer version as well.

We will check if it would be possible to make recent Salesforce work with Kerio Outlook Connector.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
Machete

Message moved to appropriate topic.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 November 2015 19:27]

•  
Bud Durland

I don't have anything new and exciting to tell, yet. The decision was taken to deploy Linkpoint 360 here. All of the people who will be using SalesForce are also using Outlook, so I don't have to worry about my web or emClient users.

I am worried about performance, because it appears that for every e-mail received, LP360 does an http API call back to SalesForce to try and find that customer, and download related data to display in OutLook. I'm already wrestling with poor KOFF performance, so I'm approaching this with caution. Our roll-out just got serious last week, so I've begun to monitor outgoing bandwidth to see how much of a hit we're taking.
  •  
Machete

Ugh - and for mobile users on a LTE Hotspot, that's extra data being consumed...All the more reason I'd love to find a way to sync between SF and Kerio Server...
  •  
Bud Durland

Unfortunately, it's not that easy. If it was just a sync of names and addresses, yes. But the app looks for any notes attached to that customer, and can be customized to pull a varying amount of data (sales history, etc). It also does 'push' to record any mail the user sends to the customer into sales force, so that other sales people can see what's going on.
  •  
Ken

@Pavel,

Hello, any updated news on how to integrate Salesforce and Kerio Connect?

We are using Office 2010 on both Windows and Macs, and are deploying Salesforce. It has been suggested that we should ditch Kerio for Exchange, however I hope you have some news for us?

Thanks

Ken
  •  
pascalc

Hi all,

Salesforce take the decision, after version 2.3.5, to block the Salesforce for Outlook setup if no Exchange server is detected in Outlook. So, if you install KOFF then try to install SFO you can't make it work. The setup stop at the begining, telling you that no Exchange server is detected. Thank you to Salesforce.

This make a great issue for my customer not to be able to used the last version of SFO in Outlook.

Does anybody have a solution ?

Regards.

Pascal.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 December 2016 15:34]

•  
dipper

pascalc wrote on Wed, 14 December 2016 12:48
Hi all,

Salesforce take the decision, after version 2.3.5, to block the Salesforce for Outlook setup if no Exchange server is detected in Outlook. So, if you install KOFF then try to install SFO you can't make it work. The setup stop at the begining, telling you that no Exchange server is detected. Thank you to Salesforce.

This make a great issue for my customer not to be able to used the last version of SFO in Outlook.

Does anybody have a solution ?

Regards.

Pascal.

noone Rolling Eyes ?

[Updated on: Mon, 19 December 2016 19:41]

•  
pascalc

Super Sad

We will need to switch the customer to Ms Exchange... Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Wed, 21 December 2016 09:42]

Previous Topic: Restrict outgoing email to local IP and device ID
Next Topic: Block email sent to domain as part of a recipient list
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 16:24:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00468 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.