Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Public Folder contact sync to Active Directory
  •  
McIrish

Send a private message to this user
I'm wondering how often the public folder contacts get sync'd to the active directory server. We made a ton of changes to the users in active directory about 4 hours ago and still don't see those changes reflected in web mail. We removed phone numbers and changed some phone numbers but still the old information is showing up in both Outlook and web mail. So I wonder if there is a way to force a resync to the AD server. I double checked the directory service is configured correctly in KC. The test is successful.

We are running 8.5.2
can anyone shed some light on this? I'm getting a lot of complaints.
Thanks
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Synchronization is performed once in an hour. I recommend enabling GAL service debug messages in the Debug log to see more details.
  •  
McIrish

Thanks Pavel. I have turned on GAL in debugging log. Hopefully that will show something. Yesterday when it wasn't working correctly, I used the web mail interface and edited the public contacts (I'm set to admin for it). Today I look and find that all my changes are gone but it didn't pull in the changes that were made in active directory either. I feel like it has a mind of its own. Its frustrating.
  •  
McIrish

Pretty frustrating. I edited all the contacts (250) in AD and checked them in Kerio Client. After a couple hours, Kerio Client didn't show the changes. So, I made myself the admin of public folders and edited them again in Kerio Client instead of Active Directory. A day later, the changes were gone. I'm not sure where the disconnect is happening. I don't see any errors in the debug. I'm editing the business phone. Kerio calls that field Work Phone. Maybe that field is not mapped correctly in Kerio?
  •  
McIrish

One thing I notice. The odd problems with old phone numbers reappearing for the work number only happens to people who were in active directory BEFORE we migrated to Kerio Connect. All new users appear to be fine.
Does that give a clue as to what might be happening?

I double checked our servers and replication between domain controllers is fine.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 September 2015 00:17]

•  
McIrish

I guess I'm going to have to open a support case on this. The old number (I don't want) are not in AD but keep coming back in Kerio and Outlook. I'm not sure why that is. It's as if it is using a different database to get info from.
  •  
McIrish

Wrap-up on this issue. I came up with a workaround.

Found that users that were created in Exchange and then migrated to Kerio had a stuck work phone number. It appears to be completely hidden now that MS Exchange 2003 was removed from the domain. Once an hour (on the hour) Kerio re-syncs the public folders. Any older user who no longer has a number in the Telephone filed of the General tab would default to the old work number that was applied while it was on Exchange. The only way I found to avoid this was to put their cell number in that field. I spent a couple days trying to solve it but I could not find a way. AD does not even show the number that seems to be stuck in the attributes. Even with Attribute Editor, it can't be seen or found. I don't know how Kerio is pulling in the info. I tried everything but had to settle for this workaround.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 September 2015 21:40]

Previous Topic: Send as
Next Topic: KOffRtfWrapper causing problems
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Jun 28 19:45:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00389 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.