Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Loosing Incoming Messages (Outside people claim they send messages and we do not receive them whitout any special reason.)
  •  
hbianchi

Send a private message to this user
I'm running Kerio Connect Mail using the server as smtp also and since about 2 months ago I receive continuos claims from external people saying they send mails that are not recieved by our server. In fact, mails seem to go to the "limbo" because we don't find any record of rejections in the internal reports. Those mails seem that never reached our smtp. Some skilled users told us that the problem was that our server is not capable of TLS protocol handshake and as their servers where enforcing TLS, mails were not sent. In fact, some of those clients disabled the enforced TLS and mails begun to reach us.
I have the SSL/TLS option checked in the SMTP configuration menu but I'm not sure if this is working because when I ask MX toolbox to check out server it says TLS is not enabled, and I'm afraid this is the cause some people is not reaching us. I saw several people claiming about MxToolbox showing "TLS disabled" message and some others as the "server name does not mach smtp banner" and so on. So: Have anybody had a problem like this? was it solved?
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

Kerio Connect supports TLS. Probably your firewall is interfering with the SMTP communication. For example https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/320027
You can run an mxtoolbox test against mail.binebrewing.com. It is a live Kerio Connect server running the latest version. Compare the results of the output against your server.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
hbianchi

thank you Brian. I noted your answer but our firewall is only checking "ports" and in fact it is permitting 25 (smtp),465 (secure smtp) and 587 (submission smtp) for this server. Do we need any other port? In the server we ha active those 3 services and of course the http and https service. Do we need any other service for smtp? I noted that several Kerio users reported the 2 problems (as seen in MX toolbox)stated below, but I did not found a clear answer.

smtp1.perfil.com.ar Warning - Does not support TLS.
smtp1.perfil.com.ar Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner

•  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

It looks like you might have the spam repellent feature enabled. As a result, it takes a while for the greeting and therefore most of the mxtoolbox tests fail. If the value is too high, it would also explain why you aren't receiving some email. Normally the sending mail server should wait up to two minutes, but some mail servers will give up much sooner. Try disabling spam repellent and run the test again. The spam repellent feature is located in the spam filter -> spam repellent.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
hbianchi

thank you brian. You were rigth. As soon as I put 5 seconds for the spam repellent (it was 15 seconds before), both error went out. Now, I will check if those whose mails were lost are now ok.
Previous Topic: spam issue?
Next Topic: Sync notes created with IOS9 Siri doesn't sync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 19:48:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.