Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect Multi-Server » Directory Server setup question
  •  
Bud Durland

Send a private message to this user
Can the directory server in a Kerio Connect Multi-Server setup use ONLY the internal database to authenticate users? If so, will users (regardless of back-end server) be able to sue the Kerio Client to change their passwords?
  •  
Jakub Schwarzmeier, Kerio

Users having an account in Multi-server have to be located on Directory server. Internal Directory server user database is used to authenticate users. Not Kerio Connect internal user database.

In Multi-Server, users change their Directory server password through Kerio Connect webclient.
  •  
Bud Durland

So does that mean that I do NOT have to use Active Directory (or kerberos) on the Multi-Server Directory server VM? Forgive me if I'm being dense.
  •  
Jakub Schwarzmeier, Kerio

Directory server in Multi-Server is preconfigured OpenLDAP server which contains user directory, basic configuration and password for each user. It is not supposed to be connected to Active Directory. You are not required to make any configuration changes regarding user directory storage. It is automatically configured during deployment.

We have a scenario for user migration from Active Directory to Directory server in Multi-Server.
  •  
Bud Durland

Thank you, Jakub. Now, if I can just get the darned thing to install for testing....
Previous Topic: Multi-Server wish list
Next Topic: Creating a new Domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Jul 23 20:43:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00410 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.