Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC
  •  
bperkins

Send a private message to this user
Does anybody using the KOC experience many crashes throughout the day? I was asking one of my users their experience with the KOC and here is his reply:

"I get several crashes a day, typically in the middle afternoon (perhaps correlated with overall usage). I notice it most often occurring when I hit the "send" button, then the kerio outlook connector freezes up."

Can anybody relate to this?

Yesterday, my mailserver CPU usage was at 100% and stayed there until I restarted KMS. Turns out, this user's KOC had crashed and he couldn't even start Outlook back up. He couldn't even log into webmail either. He was totally locked out of his account. When I restarted KMS on the server, everything was fine.

Has anybody experienced this?

Just wondering, because I personally don't use the KOC. This user I'm talking about is my boss, so I want to be able to get this fixed. I've reported this to Kerio, but don't have much to give them other than what I've explained here.

Thanks!
BP
  •  
jonbrain

This is very common in my office. My mail is fine as I keep my inbox very tidy. But many of my users have upto a 1000 emails in there inbox and it is painful to use. I have also noticed it crash a lot when users send email.

I think most of the problems are down to the Outlook connector not having an Offline cache. I have been told this is going to be fixed sometime this year.

If your user doesn't use any of the Calendar features it is a lot faster having it setup as a standard IMAP account. I tried Mozilla Thunderbird and it cached everything locally so speeds were good.
  •  
bperkins

Yep, see that's the thing, he does use the calendar a great deal. He loves it because he shares his calendar with his office staff and he syncs to his palm and everything. He said if it keeps crashing he might have to go back to IMAP.

I'm hoping it's fixed soon. I'd hate for him to have to go back to IMAP and then convince him down the road to go back to KOC. We'll see.....

Thanks for sharing your experience, I really appreciate it...

BP
  •  
jledbett

I am still evaluating the mail server and currently am the only user using it. I noticed with KOC and outlook 2003 than when sending an email, it stays in the outbox for 20-30 seconds and freezes outlook, I cant determine why this is yet.

James
  •  
lindsay

I've got several users evaulating KOC & Kerio at the moment, these are our heavy power users with well thousands of messages and heavy use of calendars/contacts.

Things were very slow until I moved the kerio server to a box with a 100MB connection (was 10) and nothing else running on it - that made a big difference.
Server box:
- 500 Mhz P3
- 128 MB Ram
- 20 Gig free space
- 100MB Lan Connection (both ends)

Personally I've found Outlook via MAPI to be much faster than thunderbird IMAP (which is pretty lousy). Also with server side filtering thunderbird doesn't notice there are new messages in folders until I open them, where outlook notices right away.
  •  
lindsay

Hmmm,

All of a sudden we're having a lot of problems sending attachments - messages just stay in the outbox. I've found the only way to get them sent is to close outlook, go in via the web interface, "Edit as New" the message and send, that works.

Kerio 6.0.1
Outlook 2000 & Connector
Previous Topic: Problem getting alias to work...
Next Topic: Changing user Webmail settings
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 02:12:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00455 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.