Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » High-available installation (How to avoid single point of failure for VoIP)
  •  
riff15

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys,

I`m novice with VoIP and Kerio Operator.
Can you share ideas and real life experience how to setup Kerio Operator in high-available configuration.

We are thinking about VoIP solution and I`m want to be sure that users could be able to communicate if something will happen with hardware (i mean Kerio Operator Appliance 3210).

Thanks.
  •  
fishtech

We bought a spare appliance ((stored offline in the supply room) and we keep regular backups of the config files.

We can cut over within, say, 30 minutes of an outage. I guess we could keep the spare hot in the rack to reduce the cutover time.

Not exactly high-availability, but the parameters have been accepted by management.

Interested to know any other plans/configs folks have.

ft.
  •  
nhoague

To be honest, the only real solution for H A would be to setup your Operator in a virtual environment with multiple virtual hosts and redundant SAN.
  •  
ICT and Me

I agree with Nicholas. A Operator in Virtual environment is only HA solution. Otherwise you must make script that backup after every change to the second Operator. But that means both online and that will give problems.
Kerio Operator can only be Passive/Active placed. So one Active Operator and keep always current backup ready. Passive Operator is powered off and must be update with most latest config backup.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
matthealey

The method I'll be using is with Hyper-V replication. Not true HA, but pretty close to it.

Essentially you have your regular server replicate the VM to a little box. (Micro Server or Mac Mini or something small and cheap).
Then you can run up the VM within a few seconds if you need to, and it's always up to date.

The replication works at the block level so it's pretty much always consistent.
Previous Topic: Registration lost after upgrade to 2.4.4 patch 1
Next Topic: Encrypted SIP Uplink
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Mar 29 01:35:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00832 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.