Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Apple Mail "mail drop"
  •  
ebatte

Send a private message to this user
Is it not possible to use the "Mail Drop" feature in Apple Mail with Kerio Connect? Whenever we try we just get an error that the attachment size exceeds the allowable limit specified in Connect.

My understanding of how this works is that attachments over a certain size will automatically be uploaded to the users iCloud account when the server limit is exceeded.
  •  
j.a.duke

ebatte wrote on Fri, 25 September 2015 14:54
Is it not possible to use the "Mail Drop" feature in Apple Mail with Kerio Connect? Whenever we try we just get an error that the attachment size exceeds the allowable limit specified in Connect.

My understanding of how this works is that attachments over a certain size will automatically be uploaded to the users iCloud account when the server limit is exceeded.

I think that's only for iCloud accounts.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
ebatte

Apple doesn't really say that, do they? I did some tests and determined that iCloud mail must be enabled for it to work, even with a kerio connect account. I wish this stuff was documented properly.
  •  
Brian Reichow

I use MailDrop without issue on my Kerio Connect mail account.

I have an iCloud account configured on my Mac, but I do not have Mail enabled within iCloud's preferences.

In the Mail application, in my account preferences (Advanced tab), the checkbox for "Send large attachments with Mail Drop" is selected.

I have observed Mail Drop often doesn't work if you have your account set to only send plaintext messages. Mail Drop works without a hitch when Mail defaults to creating rich text messages.
Previous Topic: iPhone 6S ActiveSync minimum version?
Next Topic: Kerio 8.5.2 an Office 2016 Windows-Version FINAL
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Mar 28 17:57:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01126 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.