Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Reply from "Info" account/mailing list
  •  
GenXX

Send a private message to this user
Hello all,

I have setup a mailing list and named it info. When someone is sending an email to info<at>mydomain, certain users receive this email.

I would like to be able to reply to the sender from this email address and have the email delivered as:
"Name of my company" (info<at>mydomain)

I tried creating an extra email address to my user but when I reply from it,
the receiver sees my actual name on the email.

Is there any way I can go about it?

[Updated on: Mon, 28 September 2015 13:35]

•  
GenXX

Send a private message to this user
OK I found a workaround.

I created a user account Admin@mydomain and added an extra email address to the username called info<_at_>mydomain.
So, whenever I send an email from Admin, I can send it either as "info@mydomain" and "admin@mydomain"
I changed the account holder's name to "My company name" so it appears properly to the recipient's mail.

Then, I created a mailing list and called it info<_at_>mydomain.
I assigned all the users I want in the mailing list (including Admin) so from now on all the selected users receive the emails sent to the list.
Whenever I want to send an email as "info" then I use the Admin's account.

I don't know if this was correct, but it's the only method I could think of.
Previous Topic: default sharing of users calendars
Next Topic: since upgrade to 8.5.2 mail web content not responding
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Mar 24 07:11:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00909 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.