Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mailbox with multiple users - read/unread
  •  
itmnetcom

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I couldn't post a reply to the thread with the same title so I opened a new one.

A client who I migrated from google is now finding that in shared mailboxes once a user reads a message gets marked read for all other users with access to that box.

In google they stated, that when a user read a message, it will only be marked read in his client, without affecting the others.

I found an article that somewhat relates to this issue, but from the google perspective.

The question is, can users sharing a mailbox and read a message, not affect other users accessing that same mailbox in the sense that if userA reads a message, and userB has not yet seen it, it will not be marked unread?
  •  
ksnyder

Send a private message to this user
Can you be more specific about what you mean by a "shared mailbox"? What protocol is being used for mail retrieval? IMAP, POP3, Exchange?

The way your argument is presented, I should be able to look at my email on my PC and trigger the /SEEN flag to be set on all the mail that I've read on that client. Then, any time later, view those same emails from my iPhone (a different mail client) and those same emails all have an /UNSEEN flag set?

Perhaps you should consider a Mailing List instead? Mail sent to the list is distributed to the individual list members. They can read, delete, move to another folder, etc. without impacting any of the other members.

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: Users list timing out in Admin
Next Topic: VMware Appliance: Debian security updates?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Jun 24 02:12:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00346 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.