Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 8.52 w/Mac OS 10.11 Auto Config Tool Not working
  •  
b-tom

Send a private message to this user
Totally agree on howie's point. Also looking forward to a official reply from Kerio.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

b-tom wrote on Wed, 14 October 2015 19:38
Totally agree on howie's point. Also looking forward to a official reply from Kerio.

I am sorry but we can't give you "an official statement" about Apple Contacts app behavior. We are just the users of this application - same users like you. Only Apple knows what this application can or can't do. We can only observe it's behavior via try&fail testing.

However, we know that the Contacts does not allow to create two CardDAV accounts pointing to the same server (same hostname) and using the same login credentials. Which is what we do for getting public contact to be synced to the application (because of lack of support for public or shared address book in the Contacts application).
  •  
Think Fixed

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Wed, 14 October 2015 12:55
b-tom wrote on Wed, 14 October 2015 19:38

I am sorry but we can't give you "an official statement" about Apple Contacts app behavior. We are just the users of this application - same users like you. Only Apple knows what this application can or can't do. We can only observe it's behavior via try&fail testing.

However, we know that the Contacts does not allow to create two CardDAV accounts pointing to the same server (same hostname) and using the same login credentials. Which is what we do for getting public contact to be synced to the application (because of lack of support for public or shared address book in the Contacts application).

Thanks for explaining why this won't work. This gives me an idea. I'm going to create another A record or a CNAME that resolves to my Kerio Connect server, and use that as the host name to try an manually setup public contacts. I will get an SSL warning, but I can live with that. I'm going to nag the hell out of Apple until they get rid of this stupid limitation.

Howie Isaacks
Systems Engineer | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
stevvot

I must be missing something, because after I upgraded my server to 8.5.3, I ran the autoconfig tool on my El Capitan iMac, and it did not setup anything in my Contacts app. I can setup the regular one using CardDav, but still cannot setup the Public contacts. Was I wrong in assuming that the fixed AutoConfig tool should set up both personal and public Contacts?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

stevvot wrote on Wed, 14 October 2015 23:30
I must be missing something, because after I upgraded my server to 8.5.3, I ran the autoconfig tool on my El Capitan iMac, and it did not setup anything in my Contacts app. I can setup the regular one using CardDav, but still cannot setup the Public contacts. Was I wrong in assuming that the fixed AutoConfig tool should set up both personal and public Contacts?

Could you please provide more details? Thank you.

Is the client a new El Capitan install or upgrade from previous OS X system?
Is there any other account in Contacts application (other servers, iCloud, etc.)?
Is there any Profile with CalDAV account installed in System Preferences?

I recommend to look into ~/Library/Logs/kerio-connect-account-assistant.log file (or view it in Console app).
  •  
stevvot

The client is an upgrade from 10.10.5. I removed the Kerio Mail and Kerio Calendar accounts before I ran the new autoconfig tool, but still have iCloud and Gmail accounts in my Contacts app. There is a Profile in my System Preferences that has the IMAP, caldav, and carddav accounts in it, but there was one there before I ran the tool.

I reran the autoconfig tool, and the Kerio Contacts accounts both showed up, but only temporarily. Whenever I opened Preferences/Accounts, they both disappeared.

My log file does not show any errors. I can send it if needed.
  •  
lunddal

stevvot wrote on Thu, 15 October 2015 00:13
The client is an upgrade from 10.10.5. I removed the Kerio Mail and Kerio Calendar accounts before I ran the new autoconfig tool, but still have iCloud and Gmail accounts in my Contacts app. There is a Profile in my System Preferences that has the IMAP, caldav, and carddav accounts in it, but there was one there before I ran the tool.

I reran the autoconfig tool, and the Kerio Contacts accounts both showed up, but only temporarily. Whenever I opened Preferences/Accounts, they both disappeared.

My log file does not show any errors. I can send it if needed.

I have the same problem. The two CardDAV accounts disappear after a few seconds.

I tested on two computers - both upgraded from 10.10.5.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 October 2015 08:22]

•  
henriok

I concur: the Setup Assistant doesn't solve the problem for me in El Capitan.

First I got an error saying that there already was accounts enabled, so I removed them manually. E-mail and Calendar... The Contacts was already removed.
After that it failed again, and I looked at the logs and it told me that there already was an SMTP-server configured with the same hostname. So I deleted that too manually in Mail.app.
After that the Assistant ran all the way to the end, but the Contacts account wasn't setup.
Just telling the Assistant to setup Contacts resulted in the same nothing.

Additionally: I find it curious that if you want to only setup Contacts, it _removes_ the already setup Mail and Calendar accounts. That's really not what I expected.
  •  
lunddal

It didn't remove mail or calendar accounts on my computers.
  •  
stevvot

Tried this again by first removing Kerio accounts from Mail, Calendar, Contacts (the only 3 I use), also removing the SMTP server for Kerio from Mail, and deleted the Profile from System Preferences. Rebooted the Mac and ran the new autoconfig tool. All contacts show up, including public contacts, along with their folder or description on the left side of the Contacts app, even though neither account is there in the Preferences/Accounts tab within Contacts.

After a few minutes all of the Kerio contacts disappear from within the Contacts app, along with the folder or description on the left side of Contacts app.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 October 2015 16:52]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Thank you for letting us know.
It seems some process in El Capitan reverts changes made in Contacts account database and removes freshly created accounts. We were able to reproduce that on one Mac.

All accounts (IMAP, CalDAV, CardDAV) on El Capitan are created via Mac Profile so if you choose different combination of accounts, the profile is replaced. We are going to make this clearer in Kerio Connect Account Assistant UI.
  •  
lunddal

What do you mean by making it clearer in the UI?

What are we supposed to do to make it work?
Previous Topic: Spam issues - false positive
Next Topic: 8.5.3 - "Server Error. Failed to load shared folders"
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 02:04:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00535 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.